If you've lived somewhere else,how has living in California been any easier or difficult coping with Alopecia?

Views: 3

Replies to This Discussion

I guess I'll go first having lived on both coasts. New York for me wasn't as much based on "look", I felt people were rude yes,but there was a human interaction whether you wanted it or not,what can I say I liked it I was a gluton for punishment that's just New York ruff and tuff and If you don't like it "screw you buddy alright".
On the other hand, California has been a place where I didn't have to deal,I could be as disconnected as the cities, driving 20 hrs a day in the secure confines of air conditioned airwaves with a touch of superficial human contact.
Remember this is coming from someone who didn't grow up in California so a native's perspective could be totally opposite but this is how I feel.
I loved it when i moved to cali. if was the firdt itme my being bald was not an issue. When i moved here i had already stopped wearing wigs so i cicny have anything to find. I still get questions but the are naive curious ones. not the viscious onesi got as a kid in texas.
Can't relate to having alopecia somewhere other than Ca. I do notice that when I am in a new area outside of my little town I get alot more stares. I usually just wear a baseball cap when I am not at work. I still have eyebrows and eyelashes so maybe I dont look like the typical cemo patient. Maybe some day I be brave enough to go bare! That would be freedom! Debbie D
Hats on top of wigs were too heavy, and big collars on winter coats in snowy states knocked wigs off. So, milder winters here mean more secure wigs. Freedom of dress is more accepted here, so some of us can get away with alternate head coverings in hot summers. Less humidity here so less sweat. More open attitudes. Ex Midwesterner.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service