I'm ashamed to say it, but I don't know how to swim and have never cared to learn.

However, swimming sensation Michael Phelps has so amazed me with his epic performance at this year's Summer Olympics in Beijing that I'm tempted to believe that he's the real "Man from Atlantis."

Count 'em! He has earned 11 gold medals. And, incredibly, he won five of those gold medals at these Olympics while breaking five world records. There are still three contests to go and, unless he's miraculously carried away by a one-lane tsunami, you can bet your bottom dollar that he's as good as three more golds.

I must confess that Phelps has inspired me to at least get my feet wet. Cheryl, Baby, when are you going to start my swimming lessons!

Views: 25

Replies to This Discussion

You know, after the Olympics the IOC is going to do a physical exam of Michael Phelps and see that the guy has gills in between his toes or somewhere under his Speedo. LOL

Seriously, you guys know he's going to break Mark Spitz's record this weekend right?
WOW! He just did! ...and I am Canadian ;)
Ok, it is a little bit humbling. Phelps has more medals than our entire Canadian Olympic team (currently at 4 medals in total) :(

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service