Fortunately my mum loves trying out new recipes for me (gluten free, wheat free, yeast free for the most part of 25 years). I have made this recipe, so if I can make it anyone can. Enjoy.
40g/1 ½ oz Cherries
110g/4oz Butter softened
110g/4oz Caster sugar
2 Large eggs
3 Large ripe bananas
175g/6oz Fine rice flour
50g/2oz Gluten free cornflour
2tsp Gluten free baking powder
½ tsp salt
1kg/2lb loaf tin lined with parchment or 24 muffin cases
1. Preheat oven to 180C (150C fan) / 350F / Gas 4
2. Wash & dry cherries. Cut into quarters and mix with sultanas. Set aside
3. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale, light and soft. Add eggs one by one and beat well between each addition.
4. Mash the banana and add to creamed mixture.
5. Sift the flour, cornflour, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture and fold carefully. Gently stir in the cherries and sultanas.
6. Pour into loaf tin or muffin cases and bake for 1-1 ½ hours for the loaf, or 25 minutes for the muffins, until golden on top and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
7. Remove loaf from tin and cool on a wire rack. Cool the muffins in their cases on a rack.