Why did you join the Men Who Don't Mind group here in Alopecia World? What do you hope to contribute to the group or receive from it? What are your expectations as a member of Men Who Don't Mind?

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

Hmmmm,

Is your wife in the group Gerald ? & why no photo of yourself ?

K.x
Cheryl,

I wish you would ask me to take the day off work, i could use some freetime ; )

K.x
What the heck... take a week. I INSIST! :)
Thank you Cheryl,

As of now, i am not at work. I wish you were my boss ; )

K.x
I confess that I feel attracted to bald women. I work not to exploit this interest here. Over several decades, I learned about alopecia I know it is prevalent. I realize that the condition is usually painful at some time to those who have it. I realized that a long time ago.

I consider myself to be a kind and considerate person. However, I do feel an attraction to the look. I would never go out of my way to approach a woman who has the condition. I used to contribute money when I had money to the cause.

What I have leanred over the years is that people with aolpecia benefit greatly from social neteworks like this. All of you are in my prayers. I hope that we learn better ways to treat alopecia.

I appreciate the kind responses I have had from members of this forum.
My name is Mark, I am 53, single, never married, and I have had alopecia totalis for over 40 years. I would entitle my discussion, women who don't mind. I'm sure there are women on here who don't. But I have never met any women in my life who did not mind that I had my condition. They all have, minded. I admit that in my 40 + years that I wore a wig to give me the confidence to ask women out, I approached very few on and off because I figured that I would have to tell them that I wore a wig, and that they would be turned off. So wearing the wig really did not help me much at all. But since I took off my wig about 5 years ago I had my last date about 3 years ago with someone who I met on a internet dating site. And no I did not mention I had this condition until met her in person, It has not been any better. But I don't know if the problem is so much with my head as my face. I get double takes every day from people, women, in bars, etc. Who think that I look strange, because I have no facial hair, eye brows or eye lashes, but they don't always notice that, that I what is missing from my face and that is what makes me look the way I do. And I can't explain this to every women I first approach. Well I have to go. Later,
Mark Hansen thehansen@yahoo.com
I do not apologize for being attracted to bald women. I do avoid exploitation. Some bald women attract me and some do not. So far, no bald woman has found me attractive but, at my age, no one else does either. I have enjoyed wonderful lovers and rich friendships in my life. I am not weird. I am not a monster. I am not sick--well, I am not a dirty, sick old man lusting here. Sexual attraction is subtle. Being a bald woman is--well just one part of being a woman.

Actually, a bald woman has found me attractive but she does not have alopecia.
My coming to this group was a bit of a journey. I met my wife, Carol, back in July '08. We both like live music and we met in a Jazz Club. After an hour of conversation, I asked her to go to dinner with me the following week. On our first date, she told me about her alopecia and that she wanted me to know if we were going to see eachother again.
When she told me, she explained that she was wearing a wig, and that she was totally bald. What I knew, was that the most facininating woman I had ever met was sitting across from me. I did, however, pause to consider what she was telling me. My initial response to her was " I really don't think that is an issue for me." She did press a bit, explaining "really, when you see it I am totally bald." She did go on to explain about the temp. tatoo brows and the lack of eyelashes (which I know I had noticed sub-conciously but not dwelled on.) I assured Carol that "I really don't think that it is an issue" and asked her again if she would be willing to see me the next week.
Carol continues to be the most fascinating woman I have ever met. We share a loving relationship that I am thankful for each and every day. Our discussion, was direct, to the point, and we never looked back. She is beautiful outwrdly, but within her there is an inner beauty the likes of which I have never seen in another person.
Some of you might take umbrage with something that one of us did or didn't say? this is just one story of how one couple found love and happiness. Alopecia (which I had never heard of) should not, and could not stand in the our way. I'm a man, I love her, and it didn't matter.
Phillip, that's very touching. Thank you very much for sharing your story. I wish you and Carol a lovetime of bliss, prosperity and good influence. :-)
I joined this group for one simple reason. It doesn't matter to me whether a woman has a full head of hair or not. The fact is there is more to a woman than the length of hair. Just because a woman is bald by choice or natural causes or sickness/ disease doesn't make her an unworthy person to society. The internal beauty out ways the external beauty more. I am not saying a bald woman isn't as beautiful because she has no hair, in fact I believe that bald women are more attractive. To me, a woman that can show skin out in public and not get rattled by close minded people is very good in my book. I remember when I shaved my head the first and how my mom reacted to it. I didn't care because I decided to make it a choice instead of let it fall out. I don't have alopecia but, I do suffer from male pattern baldness and that is something passed on through both sides of my family.

My true feeling is that most women with hair use it to hide their true exterior beauty. When you have no barrier to hide behind, you find your true freedom. I am not sure if this makes sense but, I truly feel this way. I guess it wasn't as simple as I thought.
I want fellowship with men like me, I do not know what I can contribute, but I want to learn from other men who have dated beautiful bald women. I have not had the oppurtunity to date a bald woman so I hope to recieve knowledge from other men on how to treat them.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service