Hi all - I thought I would start a discussion on something only NZers would understand. I was in Wellington last week, and had my Freedom vacuum wig on. It is the first time that I have been down there since I got my new wig. And I must say it was great to be able to walk down the street and not have to have one hand holding my hair on! If Wellington wasn't a test I don't know what is! So that it my thought for the week....hope you all enjoy.

Views: 11

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Kath,
Have only been to Wellington a few times and yes its been windy. I wear Freedom wigs too and its great to know that you don't have to hang on to it. Mine have had the Wellington test.
Hi- I'm new to this website and it's great that i'm not the only NZ'er who has AA. I live in Auckland and the people up here are just so judgmental when it comes to seeing something different. So I like to think that having AA is a gift from God in which he intended me to have because he knows i'll do something better with my life then just worry about my hair in this case other people.
So, in saying that, i'm thinking about getting a wig too. Would you rather have a wig or not?
Hi, I have been living in Auckland for 15 years with AU. I would prefer to wig, i love the feeling of playing with my hair, it also keeps my head warm in winter and stops it from getting burnt in summer!
Hi Kath I know this reply is really late..............but back then Nicole hadn't had her new freedom wig for long. I have noticed since she has been wearing her new hair that she now holds her head alot higher............I guess the wig reflects the name, it really does give it's wearers the freedom to feel confident that it's not coming off. As a parent it is great to see.

Hope you are enjoying this beautiful hot summer we are having it's georgous!!

Sharon
HI Kath,
I know just what you mean!!! I too have a Freedom wig and have enjoyed walking along Queen's Wharf with the wind blowing and having both hands free! How are you finding your wig? I want to get mine highlighted but the hairdresser I used to cut it isn't keen and now I am a bit worried about who to take it to who will understand. I'm in Palmerston North by the way.

Jan

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service