Here we are Junior year, we started out strong for the first week but it hasnt taken long to go down hill. The boyfriend graduated and the best friend (only friend) moved away 2 days ago. We were up till 1am this morning trying to cheer up our emotionally distraught daughter. She recently got a wig that was just made of bad hair, sometimes that happens, but kids are telling her she has afro hair. I swear, we have to live in an area with the worlds meanest hoosier teenagers! I thought she was doing so good and she was till school started. Now she feels alone and hears the whispers. Since she has no friends, she doesnt have anyone to talk to at school. She is afraid to reach out to anyone because of the way they all treated her when her hair first started falling out. I wish I could do some really cool thing at the school that would make people realize that she is more than just the wig girl. I dont know what I would do but it would be something big. Maybe get her her own reality tv show! I bet them little brats would want to be her friend then! I know, I know, who wants friends like that right. Unfortunalty, teenage girls do. As a parent I want to go to school and kick all their asses. Unfortunatly, I dont have enough bail money. Sorry I just needed to vent for her today. I wish I could sweep her away and make the next two years disappear. Once high school is over, I really believe she will be fine. None of this will matter. Thanks for listening.

Views: 0

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Montica just wanted to send you a big hug, these sure are the roughest years our girls will go through aren't they, and the only thing we can do is to be there to support and guide them. It still doesn't take away the frustration tho does it. I hope things start to look up for your daughter soon. Nicole also had her best friend move away, she was the one who had been there from the beginning of her hairloss and was a huge support to her. It took alot of encouragement to get her to open up and confide in her other friends about her alopecia as there is a huge issue of trust there isn't there.

Hang in there, it is great you can come here and vent to others who understand what you are going thru.

Thinking of you and take care
Sharon

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service