I don't like to hear, that your are in a similar situation, but you feedback was very important to me because so far I did not find anyone, who has lost almost all hair so rapid. In exactly three weeks I was bald and nearly "naked"
In most cases I found that it took some years until a total or universal baldness developed. Even the thought crossed my mind that I have some else illnes or something poisoned me.
Previously I haven't heard about alopecia. So first I was so scared when my hair started falling out. By now I accept that this an existing phenomenon.
I am very glad that it turned out that this disease doesn't go together with pain and other serious symptoms.
But it is hard to accept that no one in the world knows what can cause this disease.
After I saw how clueless doctors are, I decided that I'm going to walk on my way.
1) I do not want long, painful and itchy treatments that possible bring some temporary results.
2) I don't want to buy a variety of expensive miracle drugs that do not occur.
3) Instead I want to return to the doctor free normal life I lived before & I will enjoy life as much as before or even more.
4) I only experiment with things that make a sense. I had two bad teeth, get treat them. I eat much more healthily, drink much more water, I'm moving more and go more often into sunshine then before. I use fewer and milder cleaning supplies in the household.
5) I will not stress or fall in depression :-) this would only lead to new diseases
6) I go on with reading Internet, looking for information and trying to exchange thoughts and experiences with some peolple who are in a same situation.
If you feel like and you have some time I would be happy to mail or chat a bit on the subject.
Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.