Children with alopecia (334)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Can Alopecia Areata Come Back?

Hello everyone.. My Daughter had Alopecia Areata  back when she was in I would say 2and and 3rd grade. At that point we had tried every pre…

Started by charlene williams

1 Dec 20, 2015
Reply by Pam D.

Rogaine follow up 12/1/15

So we have been using Rogaine on my son for the last 2-3 weeks and I am amazed at how effective it has been. Where my son was completely ba…

Started by Garlandsmomndad

13 Dec 11, 2015
Reply by Garlandsmomndad

Rogaine 1 month experiment

I finally broke down and bought Rogaine as suggested by my dermatologist so I have begun using as of 11-13 I'm going to document every coup…

7 Nov 28, 2015
Reply by cathy

A million thoughts, Protopic in particular

Dear all Alopecia World members Hope you have room for one more concerned parent of a child with AA. My son of 6 years old has been diagn…

Started by Alia Ingerslev

6 Oct 12, 2015
Reply by ThatGuyLes

8 yo dd diagnosis with AA & rapidly progressing

Hi all!  In April my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with Alopecia Areata after I found a bald patch just above the nape of her neck.  At…

Started by Dinkey98

6 Oct 10, 2015
Reply by Garlandsmomndad

Our journey begins

My 8yr old son has just been diagnosed with alopecia during the summer he had a quarter size bald spot that turned into the size of a softb…

2 Oct 3, 2015
Reply by Garlandsmomndad

Mom in search of advise for our 12 year old son

Last year we discovered small patches on our 12 year old.  Within that week of noticing the hair patches, the following week he broke out i…

Started by FernandezFamily

4 Aug 26, 2015
Reply by CMG2

3 yr old with alopecia areata

Hi everyone. My little boy got his first bald spot in December 2014 just before he turned 3. It was a small smooth spot and from googling I…

Started by mamadee

0 Aug 10, 2015

Is it realistic for an 8yr old to wear a wig?

My daughters wig will be here next week...about 3 weeks before she starts 3rd grade.  She ended 2nd grade with hair and will be going into…

Started by Dinkey98

4 Aug 2, 2015
Reply by Supportive Mom

More than one?

Alex is an identical twin. His AU started about 2 years ago and his hair went rapidly. I am so used to it now that it doesn't bother me...…

Started by Debra (twin mom)

2 Jun 25, 2015
Reply by CMG2

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service