Events, publications, promoting awareness (173)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Angel Hair For Kids - Fundraising Event for Wigs in Mississauga, Ontario

Hi everyone! I am a volunteer with the Angel Hair for Kids Foundation and also an alopecian. I want to invite any locals of Mississauga, To…

Started by Dawn

0 Sep 17, 2012

Non-medical books and movies about alopecia

Dear Members, I am interested in books and movies (documentaries) that present/describe/explain individual experience with alopecia and cop…

Started by Silk

15 Aug 15, 2012
Reply by Silk

Great Britain's "team pursuit" wins gold... one of the athletes has alopecia!

Here is a link to an article about these outstanding athletes! http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/olympics/article-2183635/London-2012-Olympi

Started by Jules1984

2 Aug 7, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

In the Press - Hampton woman working to publicize alopecia

Another one of our members make the news! Latina Sethman-Bentall shared that: "Growing up, the alopecia made her feel like an outcast, so…

Started by Cheryl, Co-founder

3 Aug 5, 2012
Reply by Rose Marie'

Documentary in UK

Hello I am a Development Producer in the UK for production company Off The Fence. We are currently developing a potential documentary with…

Started by Naomi Harvey

2 Jul 28, 2012
Reply by Heather

NAAF, DC July Will you be there?

Hello All< Anyone going to NAAF? It is being held at: Hyatt Regency Washington on Capital Hill, 400 New Jersey Ave, NW, Washington, DC 2…

Started by Carmen West

0 Jul 10, 2012

Bald patches from immune attack

The following column (Dr. Donahue) appeared in the Monday, July 2, 2012 edition of the Harrisburg (Pennsylvania) Patriot-News: DEAR DR. DON…

Started by Cindie

0 Jul 2, 2012

Stevie Ray Vaughn a champion for alopecia?

"Give Me Back My Wig" How have I never heard this song before? I knew I loved Stevie Ray Vaughn, but I didn't realize how much until now. I…

Started by Bk

2 Jun 25, 2012
Reply by Bk

Another member makes the news, and so does Alopecia World!

Raising awareness of alopecia in the Hunter KRYSTAL ADAMS, Fairfax Regional News Network 2/07/2008 1:18:00 PM One day in 2006, Leanne Dal…

Started by Alopecia World

7 Jun 20, 2012
Reply by Lisa Irby

I would appreciate any feedback

Hi everyone. Im doing a school assignment about Alopecia. And i thought what better way to get some inside information then from Alopecia W…

Started by Michela1986

1 May 10, 2012
Reply by Michela1986

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service