Symptoms, treatment options, research (2,656)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Yale University find arthritis drug fully regrows bald man’s hair?

Anybody knows if this is true? Does anybody know somebody whom have tried it up?: I have recently read it on the internet, seems that some…

Started by Santi

13 Jul 8, 2014
Reply by Santi

Recently diagnosed with alopecia areata - questions about treatment

I'm sorry if this is kind of wordy, just trying to cope and understand this disease I've been diagnosed with. I saw a dermatologist today f…

Started by DownTownRumble

0 Jul 8, 2014

Scarring alopecia (lichen planopilaris) vs. female pattern baldness

Hi!  I am new.  I am a 39-year old female, and I discovered a bald spot 2 months ago.  I saw my PCP who didn't know what was going on, and…

Started by amy

11 Jul 5, 2014
Reply by carol

Injections

So finally my insurance approved me for the dermatologist. Its already been 2 visits (3 weeks apart). And over 400+ injections total. And t…

Started by Nicole Kordie

0 Jul 2, 2014

Alopecia has come back after pregnancy! Feeling very sad :(

I haven't been on here much since I received treatment for my alopecia in 2012 and it worked magically! All of the hair seemed to grow back…

Started by Danielle

4 Jun 29, 2014
Reply by Tallgirl

Alopecia areata igcognita diffuse

does anyone have diffuse thinning all over and has had this for over 4 years like me? no spots? its a rare form and I haven't met anyone wi…

Started by babyblueeyes123

0 Jun 29, 2014

I am losing my hair and I am desperate about it

I also have acne , and i have some extra pounds , and abusive family and lots of bullying in high school, now on top of it my hair is leavi…

Started by Fabiola

4 Jun 28, 2014
Reply by Rebeccalynn Morris

Hair filling fibers

Any recommendations on the different hair filling fibers to help mask smaller thinning areas. I've visited a few sites and read the pros an…

Started by Cristina E

6 Jun 27, 2014
Reply by Andrew Wilson

Hair loss on arms and legs an indicator of greater hair loss everywhere else?

Hi, my 10 year old son was diagnosed with AA six months ago. He has lost about half of the hair on his head but there seems no end in sight…

Started by Katie

16 Jun 25, 2014
Reply by JosefinaSara

Tofacitinib - Arthritis drug stops the immune system from attacking hair follicles?

Check out this article published on June 20th http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/278544.php Has anyone heard anything about this drug…

Started by Andrea

0 Jun 23, 2014

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service