Forum Discussions (6,497)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I'm buying the vacuum wig!

So - I broke down and am ordering the vacuum wig. I've read amazing things about it and just spoke to the kindest person from New Life Hair…

Started by Rebecca Strobel in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

6 Nov 6, 2010
Reply by Rose Marie'

Does shaving speed up AT or AU

Hi All. I am AA and have been since age 5. Off/On, Off/On for 39 years! But not only has this last bout not responded to cortisone injectio…

Started by Pam Hagler in Bald is beautiful, head shaving, etc.

4 Jul 14, 2010
Reply by Patsy Glenn

Stelara treatment for alopecia

I just saw my derm today for something other than my AU and of course our discussion lead into the alopecia realm. He discussed with me a n…

Started by Rebecca in Symptoms, treatment options, research

1 Jul 17, 2010
Reply by Tony J.

Lupus and alopecia

Is there someone out there that can tell me if alopecia has something to do with Lupus? I can't find any info on this. And the Dr. here are…

Started by Michelle in Symptoms, treatment options, research

5 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by me

Little girl writes book for little sister

my eight year old daughter megan wrote a book for her sister isla who is five and has alopecia. it was to show everyone that her sister is…

Started by june edwards in Children with alopecia

5 Aug 10, 2010
Reply by Cindy

Eyebrow tattoo for me

I lost my hair for more than 4 years now. And the biggest insecurity for me was loosing my brows.  I've been covering up with a hat or wear…

Started by kenny k in Wigs, eyebrows, hair pieces, fashion

18 Aug 20, 2010
Reply by kenny k

How to become a hair loss consultant?

I have been wanting to find a way to help people with hair loss. I will never forget my first consultation. i loved my consultant, i learne…

Started by Ashley Garrett in Other interests

3 Jul 19, 2010
Reply by Jessica

Alopecia universalis, a strange blessing

Hello to everyone! I am in my 60s and have had alopecia universalis my entire life. It's always been easy for me to accept, I think because…

Started by Donna Fargo in Acceptance and coping

7 Aug 21, 2010
Reply by Mary

Help :(

im just going through a major rough patch and was wondering if anyone had any good vibes to send me.... my boyfriend just betrayed my trust…

Started by Lindsay in Acceptance and coping

8 Jul 12, 2010
Reply by Lindsay

Complete recovery?

I have a hard time finding any recovery stories on here and i find it makes me lose hope! I am sure many people that use this site and have…

Started by Alisha Jennings in Acceptance and coping

4 Jul 21, 2010
Reply by Dielle

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service