I want to go to this one and am trying to gage how much money i am going to need... i know how much airfare is and i want to come 2 days early to sight-see!! anyone know when we will find out about room rates?? and i see you can stay somewhere else if you want?? i want to book my flight asap as to secure that rate... help!!

Views: 64

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could contact NAAF and ask if they have secured room rates and what they will go for. But it's still pretty early in the game.
One thing for sure that is a must. You Have to Stay at the Hotel!!! Otherwise it just isnt the same!!!
yeah i wanna stay at the hotel but if its too much money.. like altogether... then i have to commute.. but i can hang out there as long as possible!! i looked at last years itinerary and reg fees were almost 200 each!! between that and the flight im almost at 900 bucks!! but there room rate was 100 bucks so.... hopefully they post something soon... march seems to be cutting it kinda close as i need to book the flight now..
You have to stay at the hotel! No ifs ands or buts!
We'll get a good rate!
lol ok ok!!!! ya know what... my awesome friends wanna have a fundraiser for me to go... i cant fucking believe this right now.
This is the best news I've heard all day!!!
I think NAAF can pair you up with an alopecian roommate to split the cost.
I booked my flight (round-trip, non-stop) Nashville to Los Angeles for $250 on Orbitz a couple of weeks ago. I'm watching NAAF every day and calling Hyatt for when the group block of rooms opens for the conference -- I try to pay everything up in advance so all I take with me is spending money! The NAAF group rate is usually about $100/night, so including California taxes (which are OUTRAGEOUS) plan on spending close to $1000 for hotel accommodations to be on the safe side. Depending on where you are, if you book your airfare now on certain airlines (Domestically, Southwest is only booking through April, though that may change now that they have acquired AirTran) you won't spend more than about $300 round trip domestically. I have family that lives in Los Angeles that I plan on seeing while I'm there, so I'm in the same boat -- coming a couple of days early so I can see them and then focus on the conference and my alopecian family!!! Can't wait to see you in LA in 2011!!
Christine, NAAF also has scholarship available. Don't hesitate to contact them regarding this.
Chris, I have been wondering exactly the same things as you. I have $ to fly, thanks to my mom, but the rest, I have got to start planning ahead..and definitely need a special event rate!! Well, and if I fly, then I will need a car to get around...another cost. I am overwhelmed.

Any of you that have been in the past, I assume we will also need to plan for all our meals out, or are any of them included in the conference? Is there a conference fee? How have ppl found roomies in the past, as I noticed the hotel rooms have to be prepaid, and are non-refundable.
NAAF will have a special rate at $139 a night as well as a registration fee of $195. You wont need a car if you plan on staying at the hotel. You can contact www.naaf.org for all info roomate info. You will also have to purchase most of your meals. there will be a few snacks and water available as well as deserts and coffee at the Dance Party.
Got my hotel room booked for National Alopecia Areata Foundation Conference 2011 in Los Angeles, plane tickets are bought, and I'm ready to go!!! Man, I LOVE ♥ ♥ it when a plan comes together!!! #doingthehappydance

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service