Is it usual for regrowth to start falling out as soon it reaches a certain length, as this is what is happenning to me. Twice now, my hair has started to grow and as soon as gets to about an inch long it starts to fall out again and before long I've lost all my regrowh and I'm back where I started from.

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey,

all of my regrowth always falls out it will come in and get some what long few in. or so and then it starts coming out some times i think it does this just to get our hope up and then BAM its gone its kinda like our hair is playing a mean trick on us
Hi

I don't know if there are any norms with alopecia areata. My daughter has grown her hair twice in the last five years only to go on and become AU twice.

It is difficult to deal with so she decided a long time ago not to deal with whether her hair was there or not but to concentrate on how she wanted to present herself. This is never an easy condition to deal with and I agree when hair is coming and going it is like a big tease. It's a horrible condition isn't it. :(

Rosy
Mine also, like others, has grown a fallen out. The first time I was obviously excited, but then after it fell out I realised that it was not meant to be. A couple of times since I have the soft fuzzy regrowth, but it is more a pain now as my wig doesn't fit as well. I have well accepted that it will not grow back for me and so do not get my hopes up (other people do though!!!)
"Other people do thought" I can so relate to that. It's the hardest part for me about alopecia... that everyone, my sons, husband, grandparents, fellow students, instructors, strangers, EVERYONE, wants it to grow back so badly. I know it will never be, I've been sentanced to torture for one reason or another, but the pain all stems from my helplessness in saving them the agony.
Thanks for your replies. I will carry on as normal then, shaving it off when I can't stand the moth eaten teddy bear look any longer. I accepted a while ago that there was nothing I could do about it falling out but I just hoped that there was a possibility it was going to come back. Oh well, what will be will be. Thanks again.
I am so sorry! I know your hopes must have been high. A certain length though huh? I find that fasinating. How long was it? Was it everywhere? I had a lot of regrowth for the first time in the six years I've been with AU but when it fell out my stress level was through the roof. I didn't even consider the length before. I wonder if we were about the same there...
XOXO
CAR
I'm going through the regrowth thing again at the mo and it's getting to the point where I'm keeping my fingers crossed again... My hair was originally dark blonde but now I'm a brunette with a lot of natural gray/white highlights. To think some people would pay to have this look, I'm sorry if I sound strange but I find that laughing about it an easier way to cope than any other way. Thankfully this time I didn't lose my eyebrows, but they haven't completely regrown from the first loss so they still look a bit strange. i seem to be in a six monthly cycle which is a bit wierd and the docs can't really put it down to anything in particular that's happening. I'll just have to wait and see what happens this time.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service