would love to find out and meet others with AA. iv never met anyone or know any one with it but me?

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so its from the n19th to the 22 when do things get started on the 19th do i need to get there early so i dont miss anything? im booking my flight so i was just wondering
This will be my 17 conference in a row. It would take a pretty big serious event to get me to miss it. Alot of the people here I have met at past conferences.

I did a lot of my first at the conferences:
First time I told someone without alopecia that I had it, when we went out as a group.
First time I took off my wig
First time I wore hats
First time I left my wig in my suitcase for the whole weekend
First time I left my wig at home.

It truly was a transitional place for me. You meet close to 1,000 other people at the conference. And for the first time in your life, you feel like the majority. But, be prepared it is such an amazing time, that you don't sleep. You just stay up most of the night talking to others... But also be prepared because Sunday can be a bit emotional. Just as the excitement is high, so is everything. Watching the kids, see the relief on parents faces, meeting new friends, speaking to people that understand you, you are so excited, so pumped up that when it comes time to tone down you feel it.

Most people who have been to conferences before, find that it is best if they leave on the Monday, giving them a bit of time to decompress.

I posted a couple of photo's from the conferences on my site. You can go and take a look at them if you want.

Hope to see you there!

Cheryl

...and I have never seen a dance party like that in my entire life.
gees thanks cheryl like i wasint exited enuff allready
I went to my first conference 2 years ago. I didn't know if I would wear my wig or not but once I saw all those other bald heads, I left my wig in my room and didn't put it back on til time to go home! Then last year I did the same thing. It almost feels weird wearing my wig there. I've decided I'm making it a priority to go every year until I die. Ha ha! Honestly, as soon as one conference is over I'm ready for the next one to begin. As soon as they put up the info on the hotel I call and make my reservations!! I think after March 15th (I think that's the right date), the NAAF website will have the online registration for the conference. You get to pick 2 "support groups" to go to, and if you're in your 20s/30s I suggest going to the Young Adults group. It is the place where I made all these AWESOME friends!! Going to that group is the highlight of my year, honestly. Can't wait to see you guys!
They changed the program around a bit last year, but here is the 2007 PDF for reference

http://www.naaf.org/conference/2007/PDF/Registration_Form_2007.pdf

and look... I am on the cover ;) Delete Comment
Yea the Young Adult group is the best!!!!!!!!!!! I hope they moved it from sunday this year though so we have more time to hang out with our new friends. I have had a lot of first at the conference too:
First time meeting kids my age with alopecia
First time drinking
First time going to a Gay bar (Freddies in DC oh yea!!!)
First time almost getting hit by Adam Sandler
First time breaking on to a hotel roof
First time walking through a crowd and not sticking out.
Hi again my smooth friends =)

I booked my flight from Sweden today to Louisville! Im going the 18th and going back the 23rd.

Is it possible to get together in some way down in Louisville? Im going alone and im going to be lost =)

//Roger.
ok im so hanging out with jen at confrence....CRAZY!!!!
Well yea we have fun you are more than welcome to hang with us. The more the marrier. Plus we have to break in the new people. j/k
Can I join =) ?
Why sure you can, I think my friends and i will be there early. like late wednesdaoy or thursday
As u know I live in louisville, so anyone want to see the sights before and after the conference let me know, i am will be in the neighborhood. haha see all you there!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service