I am happy to see a post by Ashley requesting referrals for companies we are pleased with!

However I also feel its important to list companies that consumers should avoid. With so many bogus scams popping up on the internet we owe it to ourselves to be well informed about the choices we're making.

If you have had a bad experience with a particular retailer, company or brand ~ please post it here!

Speak up and save someone a lot of time, effort and $$$ by sharing your experience.

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This topic will be closely monitored. Please avoid making exaggerated or false statements about any person, company, or organization. Simply recount your own personally verifiable experiences and, when possible, link to other reputable websites that provide solid evidence of a particular person, organization, or company's shortcomings. Mere inflammatory, defamatory, or libelous statements should not be posted here or anywhere else in Alopecia World. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
Alopecia World: Thank you for adding the fine print, my intention was not start a witch hunt, simply to help others avoid being "taken" as I know of so many that have had bad experiences. Thank you for monitoring this thread! :-D
Orbit, thank you for starting this discussion thread. This could be one of the most helpful discussions ever held in Alopecia World. I certainly hope that not a few members of our beloved community will share their personal horror stories. Speaking of which, here's one alopecian's story that everyone should read.
I have some very...benign information that is helpful. II had a brand new wig last year, washed it at home, wore it, and within the month found that it was very dry and looked as if it was a year old. When talking to others about this, I heard similar stories. The one main thing that we had in common was that our wigs were washed in water that had water softening from salt. I had always washed my wigs with this water, but perhaps we had a power outage or something, and there was a large amount of salt in the water. She ruined two wigs from a heavily salted softener. My wig was dark colored, but her two blond wigs turned pink and brittle. It is suggested that you wash wigs with bottled water to ensure you are not getting water with added impurities in order to save yourself the headache of getting a new wig. I hope others haven't experienced this, but would be interested in hearing about it.
As I wrote in my blog..I had a bad experience with the following website:
www.acewigs.com
In september I ordered one wig....of course they charged my credit card immediately...but the wig I chose was unavailable.
After lots of mails requesting my purchase status they finally answered me(2 months later)only to tell me that it was unavailable and they would have give me full refund.
I NEVER received the refund...and they never answered my mails anymore since then.
I'm really annoyed...maybe I've just been unlucky? 'Cause some friends didn't have such problems with that site.
I tell you another detail:there are only 2 people who you can send e-mail to..debbie@acewigs.com and kim@acewigs.com
No surnames?Just 2 of them? I thought it was a big company!Why do they charge you before finding out if an item is available or not?
What kind of customer care is that? Not responding to your e-mails?
I don't live in the U.S, so for me is almost impossible to sue them.
Beware of Acewigs.com!I tell you...
I even thought that maybe they act differently (and carelessly)with overseas customers than with the inland ones....because I think that your laws are quite stricts with this kind of misbehaviours..and anyway for you may be easier to obtain what they possibly owe to you.
annina
This company did the same thing to me. I did get my money back after months of emailing.
has anyone used or heard of regenix for hairloss? wondering if I should sped the money or pass on it? thanks
i was looking forward to getting my lace wig. loved it at first. then it started looking like crap! I spent alot of money what a waist! is there any good wigs out there?
I bought a lace front wig. for $600 I was happy for a couple of days then it started to look like crap. what a waist of money! Stephanie
Hi everyone! I wanted to give some good feedback about 2 places where I got really nice human hair wigs. The first one is Bravadas. They have locations in Nebraska, Virginia, and Florida. Here is their website: http://www.bravadas.com

The other one is The Salon at 10 Newbury St. in Boston, MA.

There was great customer service at both locations and I have never had any problems with my 2 wigs. It's nice to have 2 so I can alternate when I need to wash one of them.

I hope this helps :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service