I won't go into my long plight with ordering an Amy's Presence Cyberhair wig. The long and short of it is....the dealer just doesn't know what he is doing. I'll be battling to get my money refunded (that's just another story), but anyone else run into issues?

Basically the AP wigs are manufactured by International Hairgood, and then sold through local dealers. If there is a problem IHG won't do a THING! It's all on the dealer!

Views: 2158

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Carolyn, I was thinking of getting an Amy's Presence Cyberhair wig and have been reading the post and noticed on another blog that you seemed fairly happy with yours. Can you tell me what the problem was and if you are satisfied or not? I am very active in the summer on the water and feel that I need something like this. I also was wondering how hot it is. I love your hair in your profile picture and would like to know what that is. I have always worn my hair short and it is very hard to find a wig that is short enough that doesn't look to "wiggy". Thanks for any help you can give me in this situation.
I think they are good products, but unfortunately only as good as your dealer. I was happy with my first AP wig (well not really the color..but it was OK), my second order has been a disaster! Just know going into ordering one that the company that wholesales/distributes these wigs won't do anything if you have a problem. You need to make sure you have a good dealer ( ask to see pics of other AP wigs they have done), make sure that they will provide you with a color approval swatch, and put the deposit on a credit card. If you don't like the wig when it comes in.....don't accept it!

That said....the wigs are so much cooler than synthetic, great to swim in with the AP contact film , and also can be slept in comfortably. I think the biggest draw back is their lack of good colors, especially in the blonds. I've now ended up ordering a wig from a dealer on the other side of the country, and am fighting to get my money back from my local dealer (I returned the wig to him and he still won't give me my $$ back).

Sorry...the wig in my pic is my Noriko Madison which I love! Wish it weren't synthetic!
I hate to keep asking you so many questions but I have had the worst time with wigs. We do not have a good wig store anywhere close so I have ordered 9 off of the internet and have been extremely disappointed with all of them. I don't know if it's just me or if they really are just to thick. Did you have to have yours thinned down quite a bit and if so did you have a professional wig stylists thin it? I'm afraid that the wigs that I have ordered are not as bad as I think but I keep thinking that I will eventually find something that looks like my hair did. I didn't have the greatest hair in the world but I just hate for everybody to know that I am wearing a wig. The ones that I have ordered I had my normal stylist thin but we just couldn't get them to look like my real hair. Thanks for answering my questions and being patient with all of my silly questions.
Don't worry about asking questions...I'm happy to answer! I know what you mean about too much hair/volume etc. Amy Presence wigs are only sold by Amy Presence dealers...so you have to go to their website and find your local dealer. As far a trying to order wigs off th web, I would get in contact with Kathy Tonkin of Tonkin Millinery (www.tonkinswigs.com). She is one of the site managers on the MSN wig support site. She can get you any wig you see on any site, at a much better price. I also beleive that she can thin and "tweek" wigs for you. She is the best...if you receive a wig from her, you have the option to ship it back if you don't like it after trying it on! I would send her a picture of yourself...tell her what you are looking for, and I can just about promise you, you will be happy! She is the best!
Carolyn, thank you so much. You sound like an expert. I will really take your advice. I really appreciate it.
How much do the Amy Presence Wig cost or at least what is their cost range? I'm losing my hair but I'm on a very limited budget.
Amy's Presence cyberhair wigs are running around $2K for short hair. Here is what I will tell you! My problems with the line were when I ordered my second AP wig from my local dealer, and he really screwed it up! Since then I have reorder from Monique's Salon in Washington State and she is the BOMB! My photo that you see is me in a Noriko Madison....but Monique has duplicated that wig to a tee!!!! cyberhair is great....you can swim, excercise and sleep in them. The key for me is that they absorb water like you own hair! I sweat from the head terribly during excercice or in our hot and humid NC summers! At some point I will probably order a Freedom wig as I think they are the most beautiful wigs out there, but will still always want a AP for excercise etc!
I have a hard time answering this becuase my local dealer didn't give me the proper care instructions. With out a doubt a year....but I really think that two years is realistic! If you ask at Monique's they will be straight up with you!

Now that I have my BEAUTIFUL new AP wig from Monique's I'm a happy camper! I love the fact that the cyberhair absorbes water. This mean that for a hot head like me, when I sweat from the head, the cyberhair wicks the sweat into the hair....just like bio hair does!

I'm planning on getting a Freedom vacuum wig at some point, for no other reason than I think they are beautiful, and offer so many advantages! However I can't ever see myself not owning a cyberhair wig!
Please tell everyone at Monique's that Carolyn for NC says HELLO! They are just incredible there!!!!! Best of luck!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service