Hello. I've just joined because my 9 year old son, who has had alopecia universalis since he was 5, would like to know of other children who have alopecia and possibly also eczema and allergies. Hoping that he can get to "talk" with people who understand how he feels. Most of the time he copes really well but sometimes he feels "he is the only one" and "sub-human", other times he likes being bald and different.

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi:) My son just turned 10 yesterday. He was just diagnosed with AA a week before school started(aug.) I noticed the hair loss appear over night. I immediatley googled it and made an appt. with a dermatologist. He has had 20 injections on the bald spots and just had an acid treatment this am. He has about 8 spots all over his head that have joined together to make a larger bald spot on top of his head. He has had a very difficult time dealing with this...at home and especially at school. Kids tease him about what his "disease" is. It's hard for him to explain because he doesn't really understand it himself. His behavior at school and at home has changed:(( There is not a group in the area we live, and he doesn't know anyone personally that has it, so it's hard for him to relate to anyone. I'm sure he would love to chat or email with your son!!! His name is Cade....he would love to hear from your son, and hear his story!! Thanks so much for reaching out....you are the first person we have reached out to so far. Hopefully this will help them both!!:))
Sincerely...an AA friend in Georgia
Holly Truglio and Cade Truglio
hello, my name is daniela, im 13. i have alopecia areata. and guess what! i also have eczema!!! i feel the same as he does, like no-one understands me and i found that seeing a counsellor has helped me a lot. i think he is lucky that he even SOMETMES feels proud, he should be, Very proud, i should be too but i still cant get it through my head that im losing my hair. i also joined this site to find people who feel the same as me,
i wish him the best and you too,

Daniela xx :)
Hi! My daughter Anika just turned 11. She has had alopecia areata since she was 3.. it seems like it is on a 2 year cycle.. it will go away in spots then grow right back. All except for this past year, it all fell out! Even her eyebrows and lashes. She has the absolute best attitude and is all smiles. She says God made her this way for a reason, and she knows she's pretty with or without hair! She loves to dance and loves making new friends.
Hi Ann,
I am 16 years old and have had Alopecia since I was twelve. I know exacly how he feels, I don't know anyone my age in my area who has Alopecia. Please tell him that he is a great kid and people will like him with or without hair. My mom lost all her hair when she was in Grade 2 and she was never limited because of it. Neither of us are and we never will be because we know that it wont stop us from what we want to achieve. He has motivation from this that can get him anywhere and people who will always love with or without hair. I really hope to hear that he is doing well. :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service