Well I saw the "Other Interests" and thought hmmmmmmm I wonder what everyone likes to do to when you are having those hard days? What hobbies do you people have?

I decorate cakes..... I loveeeeee mixing up a batch of buttercream icing and pulling out the old decorating tips and going to town. My favourite is working with fondant. It is the bomb.... Mind you since my little Asian princess became part of the family in Feb I have only been able to do one cake since then for a 5 year old's party.... It was a Godzilla cake... My daughter starts daycare in Nov 2 days a week so maybe I will get on the ball and make a cake for my husband's work for the heck of it... Hmmmm maybe I will do a bald cake some day....LOL

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Neat, Lori. :-) It should also be noted that all members of Alopecia World are welcome to join this group and showcase their hobbies, talents, and gifts. ;-)
For sure!!! I want to hear about everybody! Oh did I mention I looooovvve to kayak as well.....grin
Also Shall I big hobby.Already like a little boy,11 ys,am began shelter different fighting breeds hens,pigeons and dogs English bulldogs.This hobby me stayed until today's days.Very me assisting better manage heavy situation in life!
http://www.chovsedlak.estranky.cz/
Hi as! Wow I checked out the website but unfortunately I don't understand the language....LOL...... You shelter different fighting breeds of animals like hens and pigeons? That sounds like a lot of work! How did you get started in doing something like this?
I really love spending time with my horse whether I actually have the time to ride or not. Second to that I love hanging out in the barn even if I am just mucking out stalls and feeding the horses. I also really love soccer, but do to my competitive nature and my knack for getting injured by the opposing team my mum has said no more soccer lol. Now I just watch it on T.V. I also really love reading to the point that I literally devour them (especially books by Brian Jaques and Mercedes Lackey). Currently I am going back through all of the novels that I have and re-reading them. Sleeping is also another one of my favorite hobbies and I am extremely talented lol.
Ahhhh Hi Dielle! Thanks for responding.... Horses are lovely.... I have done the odd "trail ride"...You know following someone through the woods on horseback but you aren't actually steering the horse itself. It is just following the other horses....My sister however really got into a few years ago. She took let me see if I get this right "Western riding" lessons....Not the English riding type. She LOVED it! She was going to buy a horse but got pregnant and then that ended that. She is out west right now and they have some property and now that her daughter is 6 years old she is thinking of buying a horse. Awesome hobby!!!!!

NOthing wrong with a competitive nature at all my dear! Guess you can still enjoy it on TV though... Think of it this way if you get good and injured playing soccer well then it kind of interferes with your horseback riding.... so probably not such a bad thing to give the soccer up at least for now....:+)

As for reading I love to read when I can find a nice series of Books. I once found a series called Otherland or Otherworld by Tad Williams. They were big books...800 page type of books. I loved them!!!!! I couldn't put them down....I am not real big into science fiction etc but these were so amazing. People go into a virtual reality world and live through avitars in there. They get trapped in there while their bodies are existing outside in the real world....They are chased through different virtual worlds. It is just wild!

What types of books do Brian Jacques and Mercedes Lackey write?

Sleeping!!!! I adore doing that!!!!!
Brian Jacques and Mercedes lackey write fantasy books that create their own worlds. Brian Jacques creates a world where all of the "People" are actually various kinds of woodland creatures in his stories of redwall that are extremely entertaining. Mercedes Lackey's valdemar series is one of my favorites because she takes the time back to kings and queens and sets up an interesting dynamic with Heralds and Companions that use "mind-magic". They are both really great series that I can actually re-read multiple times.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service