Ok....keeping it short and sweet here since the anklebiter may be waking up from her nap (darn!!!). How many of you do this? If you do is it a smart idea to order the color rings first as opposed to looking at those ridiculous little squares that represent the colors on your computer screen? I don't want to get a wig and hate the color.....Thanks!

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi

I don't know how I feel about ordering wigs online. I understand that some people have had some great experience by doing this but for me and my daughter I just ..... oh I don't know really. Wouldn't you prefer to talk to someone face to face to help with your decision. I haven't ever ordered online so I suppose I'm not the best person to chat to. I'm sure ladies here have and hopefully they will come along soon to help.

Just be careful. Make sure you have a little comeback if things go wrong.

Good luck with your investigations. :)

Rosy
I still can't get over your daughter's wig.... It is beautiful........Yes I will need luck with my wig hunt! LOL
Seriously after the disasters I have had with the wig shops and the money I have wasted on these 4 wigs I could have ordered 4 online which would have cost less than two wigs I bought.....I think really what have I got to lose! LOL..... Think I will get a color ring though..... My eyes aren't that great so I don't trust them to look at the tiny little color swatches online! LOL
Hey Friend!!

How are you and the Anklebiter today?? Hope you are enjoying these wonderful Fall days as much as we are :)

Here's what has worked for me in re: to online wigs. The first one I purchased over a year ago I ordered from www.PaulaYoung.com. I ordered the Snap wig. Maybe it was easier for me or just DUMB LUCK!!! I chose a style that looked nearly identical to my hair before my AA kicked-in to high gear, and I also went with a color that was similar to what I had been paying HUNDREDS of dollars to maintain with my hair stylist!! :) As I said, NO ONE in the outside world EVER knew it was a wig!! I can't tell you how many times someone commented about how cute it was!! And I LOVED the one when they'd ask me "Who does your hair?" Ummmm... Paula Young :)!!!

My new wig I purchased at the Woman's Boutique at a local hospital. BUT I had been on the internet looking for styles that matched my current hair style. Fortunatly AND Unfortunatly, with the confidence I had gained by having my hair grow back, I had a SUPER cute and sassy haircut goin!! So, the "old" wig was NOT going to make another appearance from the drawer it had been buried in months earlier!! There were several that I really liked, so I started calling local wig stores and asked if they had a particular wig in stock. That's how I ended up at the Women's Boutique. I was also able to get 10% off with a coupon AND with a Rx from my doctor, I didn't have to pay tax!! So, it was a WIN WIN for me!! The wig was also cheaper in-store than online!!

Hope this helps!! Good Luck!! and PLEASE let me know if I can help in ANY way :)
Celeste
See that is what happend to me after my first wig from 4 years ago. When it came off I had the new found courage to go wild with my hair. It had been super long for 10 years always pulled back in a pony. Once that new funky wig came off I just went wild with funky razor cuts and multi colored hair. Ohhhhh the last one I really miss as it was fire engine red, bright blond and chocolate. That is how I met my daughter in China! LOL. However that wig is not coming out again either! It is on a Teddy Bear's head in my closet!

Guess what I am doing today! Yup yet AGAIN I am going to a wig shop in another little town to see if we can find something. I looked at snap and I really like that wig. Do they have color rings? Does the hair look natural in it? I was just wondering because it is sooooo cheap. I don't want to end up with a wig that has hair that is shiny like doll's hair...LOL

Anklebiter is great! I get to get a break from her today because Daddy is looking after her while I go wig hunting.LOL..... Tomorrow my in-laws are looking after her and we are heading to Watertown to go to Bath and Bodyworks! Yeah! I am in Ottawa Canada....LOL....
I've bought all of my wigs online and yes, I did buy a couple of color rings because you can't rely on the colors to be true when viewed with a browser. For what it's worth, the color rings have been a huge help for me especially since the wig I want isn't always available in my color. With the color ring, I can easily tell which one is the closest color.

We don't have very many local wig shops to chose from besides, I like being able to take my time making a decision instead of feeling pressured by sales staff. When I first started shopping for a wig it would have been nice if I could have found a local store with trained staff who could answer my questions and help determine the proper size, etc. But now that I know what does & doesn't work for me, I'm content buying online.
I hear ya on wanting to take your time because in a shop you feel like you have to hurry up and get the deciding done. That is how I ended up with three of my wigs....ugh. As far as trained staff. I had went to one place in Ottawa which was supposed to be the best and she told me that most women know what look good on them so she didn't offer any ideas as far as style went or color. How is that for complete and utter lack of service. It was basically buy a wig and get out so I can get the next person in to pull the same stunt on her.....

I definitely am going to buy the color rings. The wigs I am interested in are Rene of Paris and Paul Young wigs.....
I order all my wigs online. the way i know what i am getting is that i will go to local wig stores and check out the colors and styles and see what looks good on me, then i go home and check prices. if its cheaper online i get it there, if not i go back to the store and buy what they have. my fav online site is Wilshirewigs.com never had any problems and they are super cheap good quality.

good luck !!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service