Hey everyone. I just got a human hair wig. its been a while since I have had to style anything, and the wig i have is very Blah and plain. I would like to get layers put in and long bangs, but im afraid that someone will screw it up and that will be $600 down the tubes.

any ideas with how to find a good stylist that understands wigs????

HELP!!

oh and can you use curlers on HH wigs?? or should i stick with rollers?

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey! I just bought a human hair wig in september. I liked it when I got it but by the time I got home I hated the thing. The stylist that cut it when I bought it chopped off too much on one side..shorter layers on one side. Anyways just had the thing chopped again by another sytlist. It is a bob but is layered. It was cut from one length all around to being shorter at the back. Yep you are always afraid of messing it up when paying that kind of money.

I used a hair straightener on it and that was ok. I haven't started to wear the wig yet though so haven't gone through the business of washing it and styling it. I am really thinking it is going to be a pain in the butt.

As far as stylists go are there any wig salons around because they should be able to style your wig for you. The person that "fixed" my wig was a person that does wigs. I was there looking for a synthetic wig and I just happened to bring my wig along and she fixed it. I would stick with someone who does wigs though because it probably has to be cut with those specials scissors....

I don't know tons about human hair wigs so hopefully someone else will come along and be able to give you better information than me! I would like to know more stuff about them too!
Thanks for the tip :) personally i dont know how my mom talked me into getting a HH wig, probably because shes not the one who will have to get up and style it! lol i always said if i have to put up with having no hair at all, then my wig should be as low maintaince as possible!

but we will see how it goes.

I found a lady that styles wigs in Silver Spring near me - she charges around $100 for the cut (aka layers) since i havent went to a beauty salon in over 5 years, i have no idea if its a ripoff or not. but hopefully she will do fine with it.

*crossing fingers*

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service