I have a Revlon Simply Translucent wig -- meaning the top is monofilament, and the front hairline and sides are lace. (it's this one if you want to take a look: http://www.ultimatelooks.com/wigs/impressiverevlon.htm)
It's a great wig, and I really like it, except I have trouble with the whole wig tape thing.
I'd been using the tape that came with the wig, but there wasn't much of that. I have since been using some tape that I bought from eBay. I don't remember the brand or anything - it's been a few months.
My problem is this: the tape that I use seems to turn white after a little while- which makes the hairline of the wig really visible. Has anyone else had this problem? Have you found a wig tape that doesn't do this?

Views: 2389

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I have the same wig! I love it.. I just use the super bond tape... Let me look for the link and I will post it for you :o)

I want to get some glue to use, but I have never used glue and it kinda scares me too..
http://www.mhrw.com/a-PF-OTrollscontours.html

Here is the link for the SuperTape that I bought and Love it!!
Okay ladies help! How in the world do you use the tape? I have been using the nylon cap which squeezes the heck outa my head, leaves marks, and gives me headaches. I got some tape at Wally World for like using to tape clothes to skin instead of bras and such- ya know? Had no clue how to use it, and am thinking it is not the same thing as wig tape? DIdn't really stick to my wig. Plus do I have to keep my cap on? Do you just put it on your head? Kinda been figuring this out as I go so some pointers would be awesome!
I also use the supertape for my daughter's wigs. She rarely sleeps in it but still wants it secure for school, dance ect. It works great. The tape has lasted through school retreats, snorkling and a Catalina boat trip.
Hi, try supertape it dries clear and safe grip adhesives goes on white like elmers glue but dries clear. Supertape gives you a long lasting hold.
Okay I don't know if any of you gals are still watching this discussion but.....THANKS!!!!!! I found a shop here in town that carries wig tape. It is the best! Course I didn't think of asking how to get the darn stuff off LMAO, talk about stick!!!! Hehehehe And I found the coolest- temporary tatoos for my eyebrows. Man are those great, way better than drawing them on. If I can actually have a real tatoo as good then I will definitely go for it. Just wanted to say thanks to y'all again!!!!
Crud girl, that sucks. I was lucky and got some at this new store. And boy does it stick. No waiting for shipping LOL
that is a total bummer! I just found this one and was so jazzed let me tell you
Oh my goodness, you are so having a time with it aren't you? Well good luck hon! Hope you get it LOL
hello...i may be a lil late on this one...lol..havent been on here in a while...i sell the blue liner tape...also try the no shine tape, it lasts longer than the blue liner and and its clear and matte, it looks like the picture below.
Attachments:

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service