Usually when Alopecia is presented to the public, it’s in a somber way and seen as “bad”, and to some it is. Sometimes, people with this disease just want to see that they are not alone, and need encouragement. This is especially true for women in this society with Alopecia.

For a woman, bald, her look would be viewed as a cosmetic disaster, not beautiful at all in most eyes. None the less, being a bald woman in this society is just not “Normal”…but “What is Normal?” I ask.

My goal is to uplift the insecure souls of women and let them know that they are “Normal”, and to educate the public by raising awareness about Alopecia.

My Mission is YOUR Mission and Vision, and I need your help! There needs to be More education, so that there's UNDERSTANDING.

I need WOMEN and will possibly use men and if permission is given, I'd like to use a few kids.

If you're interested, please reply or write to bbibby_org@yahoo.com

Views: 38

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

WOW! This is an amazing idea. I am so glad that you have the drive to do this and would happily participate and/or lend a hand anyway that I can.
XOXO
CAR
Julia, I too am interested let me know what you need!
That is a fantastic idea.

A growing number of men are finding bald women to be beautiful, feminine,attractive women.
Not only bald women with alopecia, but women who shave their heads, as more women are doing that as a fashion style.
A bald lady especially looks good in a sexy dress with beautiful long earrings.
Hello Gerald...I have to tell you that I do find more men who comment on my head than women (with Hair)...

Thanks so much for the kind words.
im interested in helping out in any way that i can. I am living in london, ontario-canada, but anything i can do to help i am in :)
Hello Rebecca...thank you so much. Send your Email address to bbibby_org@yahoo.com
That would be GREAT for the both of you to be involved....please send me your email address at bbibby_org@yahoo.com and I will send you the communication that I've sent out thus far.
HI Julia. It's been a little minutes since we last spoke. hope all is well. How is the book coming along? Jazz would still like to be a part of it. Keep in touch. Check out our Disney Cruise pix. She went a day withouth wearing anyting on her head!!!! I had a McDonalds smile!!! she even posed for our pix and didnt want anyting on!!!! God is awsome!
If you choose to include men count on me
I truly believe that I will add a few men to this book to tie in the whole spectrum of Alopecia and the affects that it has on ones life. I've been getting a lot of email from men....I understand now. Send me your email address to bbibby_org@yahoo.com

Thanks
Hello everyone...this is just a note to say that I've reached my requested amount of participants (30), but I will accept more women, children and now a few men. I would like to say that the only reason that I didn't request men in the beginning is because within society a bald man is acceptable to the majority...however I've had a few men state to me that they too struggle with the effects of AU and would like to share their journey from being depressed to accepting who they are...

Accepting SELF is vital because once you do this you can FULLY Life Loving You and helping others!

By the way, I also need musicians and poets...

email me if you are interested at bbibby_org@yahoo.com

To be apart of the book, the deadline for professional photos and your story is May 25, 2008. There will be a photo shoot in Louisville, KY on May 17, 2008.

Be Natural in your photos and your story should be about your journey with AU/AT/AA.

Let me Know!!!

Julia
Hallo Julia! I will try to do my best with my story and add photos-befor 25/5.OK!You are doing
a great job!Here in Sweden are no book about AA.I beenthinking to write one,but the time!
OK.Bye and good luck! Catharina

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service