Ok folks. I am wondering if anyone has a process for finding the "right" hairpiece. I mean, for years I have been wearing the same piece. Mainly because this particular one was "in stock" at the place where I went and it is reasonably priced. Yesterday I searched the internet for the first time to find the hairpiece that I wear. To make a long story short, I found it at a fraction of the price. So, I started looking at the other hairpieces available. Of course you cannot tell from a picture how that piece would look on yourself, or how it will fit. So I wondered how others might decide what style to wear. I have tried different hairpiece once or twice before and always went back to the one I am wearing. However, can other men that wear a hairpiece give comments regarding:
- any particular brand
- construction
- price points
- any other criteria that you may use?

I mean, its not like there is a place that you can go to where there is a sales consultant that can help find the right hairpiece for you, is there?

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

any wig shop that caters to chemo patients and alopecians should be able to help you. Don't go to the Hair Worlds or any run-of-the-mill beauty supply store that also happens to sell wigs. You need a dedicated wig store for what you're looking for. Granted, because most men don't wear hairpieces (the ones that do are using Hair Club or something ultra expensive like that), they may have mostly female pieces in stock, but when you find a shop like the one I described, the proprietor (if he or she is worth their salt) will measure your head and order your pieces for you.

Hope this helps!
I would contact the Hair Club for Men..

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service