I am a happy camper right now!!! Yesterday was the unofficial start of the NFL 2008-2009 season -- Draft Day!!!

Now everyone knows I am a HUGE Minnesota Vikings fan, and so far, all I can say about their draft is WTF???

I like Tyrell Jackson with the 2nd round pick, don't get me wrong, but there are SO many needs that need to be addressed here! For starters, the Vikings need a QB yesterday -- Tarvaris Jackson is NOT getting the job done! Once upon a time the Vikings were a force to be reckoned with in the NFC and gave Brett Favre ulcers year in and year out. Now we are looking at a season opener at Lambeau Field on Monday Night Football, and Aaron Rodgers is a better QB injured than T-Jax is healthy!

Granted, we have Jared Allen and Bernard Berrian, but what good is having Berrian as your wideout when Jackson can't put the ball in his hands? Adrian Peterson is a workhorse, no doubt, but the Vikings are going to end up running him into the ground with their weak running game -- Message to Coach Childress and Zygi Wilf -- GET US A QB!!!!

On the defensive end, Mike Tomlin did a great job before going to Pittsburgh building a defense -- but due to free agency and retirement we need some supporting players here too. We are still suffering the effects of the loss of Corey Chavous and Chris Hovan, and Kenichi Udeze is not playing this season due to having leukemia (even though he is in remission he still won't be playing this year.) Darren Sharper is an asset to the team and has been productive with what he has to work with, but then we lost Mewelde Moore too!!! Needless to say, we need to shore up our defense and start making other teams respect us again!!!

So my question to everyone today is this: How would you rate YOUR favorite NFL team's draft this year???

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry I'm jumping on this late, but my teams (yes I have two, one AFC one NFC so they aren't really going to hurt each other too much) the Giants (life long fan, not just this year) and the Bills (living in Buffalo for a year causes one to become a fan, they are obsessed there, I really hope the team doesn't move to Toronto)

The Giants:
-Happy with their draft. Gabril Wilson leaving the team meant they needed a safety and I think Kenny Phillips from Miami is probably the best safety on the market and they took him with the last pick in the 1st round??
-Thomas from USC is a solid CB. He should fit in great with the giants.
- Mario Manningham is a good reciever. Regardless of his personal problems (admitted to drug use at college) he is still a good go-to guy. Hopefully he's matured a little and his wilder days are behind him.

The Bills:
-McKelvin is the top CB in the draft. The Bills needed one, and it paid off for not trading up for him because he slipped down.
-They didn't take any really big names from college, but all the players they did take were solid players who will all fit in to the gaps they have (but not enough players to fill all of the Bill's gaps haha)

Cant wait for the season
Dude, how are you a Giants fan AND a Bills fan and living to tell the tale??? Every single football fan from New York that I know of is either one or the other, never in between. :)

I am SO stoked for football season -- can't wait to start talking trash and watching games!!!
Like I said I've been a life long Giants fan. My uncle got me started on them back in the early 90s when I was like 4 or 5. If I was told I had to pick between the two I would go with the Giants hands down.

But I went to college in Buffalo for a year at a very small private school. When your college has a party every weekend where they show the games on a projection screen and you get free soda, wings and pizza you go (especially when you're a poor college kid, I mean come on!... free food???). After a couple you end up getting hooked into the team especially if you have the competitive personality I have. You can't just sit there and not want one team to win.
Uh, yes I can!!!! LOL

I grew up a Minnesota Vikings fan first and foremost (although my household also is somewhat partial to the Indianapolis Colts and the Washington Redskins too -- we disown everyone that is a Cowboys fan and banish them to the children's table at the holidays, LOL), but I would totally agree with you about the free food bit -- to me, that was the best part about college!!! So who's your college team??
Notre Dame, always liked the Irish, although lately not too proud of them. I also like Michigan (I know I know...rivals) but only because of Mike Hart. He used to run over my high school's defense a few years ago. My friends and I used to go to the games just to watch him play. He was nasty then and still is.

I go to a few Syracuse games too because they're the closest D-1 school to me, but I wouldn't consider myself a fan because they're horrible.

What about you?
I hate Notre Dame -- I'm still bitter because when I was applying to colleges I got into Penn (IVY LEAGUE, Yeah!), Duke, Vanderbilt, and Georgetown but couldn't get into Notre Dame (plus I'm Catholic too, an added advantage) -- WTF???

Me, I'm a SEC girl, so of course I cheer for Vanderbilt, my alma mater, but deep down, I am a member of the Orange Nation -- aka, the University of Tennessee -- GO VOLS!!! My dad was from Los Angeles, so I will on occasion cheer for UCLA, and I totally despise Florida, Alabama, Arkansas, and USC (Southern California, not South Carolina) -- I am waiting for the day when Darth Visor himself (aka Steve Spurrier -- sorry for cussing right there) -- will leave college ball for good and let the SEC have some peace!

Syracuse is in a rebuilding period right now -- and I hate to say it, but I will take Ohio State over Michigan either day, even though I don't care for either school. Simply put, I just love football, period!!!
I saw this late as well.I am not one for the draft as much as I am for Fantasy Football.Liveing in the Indianapolis area and being a Tampa Bay Bucks fan I do get lots of strange looks.My thought was that we should get a Fantasy Football league started with members from here.What do you think?
Man I've already put the suggestion out there!!! I've been the league commissioner in my own league for the past 6 years -- last year's winner got a PSP and the year before that they got an iPod Nano. Looking for a decent prize to give out this year and rounding up the usual suspects as we speak!

BTW, if you think being a Tampa Bay fan in Indianapolis is strange, try being a Minnesota Vikings fan in Dallas Cowboys country!!!!!
I am all about joining a fantasty football league with people on here, but I gotta be honest, you're all going down :-p I'll make sure I do plenty of trash talking...

Just let me know when and where to sign up...
Okay everyone, for those of you who are interested, I have set up my fantasy league on Yahoo! Sports. This year's name is the Alopecian Atom Bombs (says she with a chuckle). If you want to join this league, please email me at sxyscorpio901@yahoo.com so that I can send you the invite. Please do so quickly, as there are 15 available slots left in a league of 20!!!

I am also taking suggestions for this year's grand prize -- last year I gave away a Sony PSP (and there is NO ENTRY FEE for this league!) so please feel free to send me your suggestions. We are having a LIVE draft on August 31, the last Sunday before the season starts (so that you can choose from the official 53 players on every team's roster), so mark your calendars and save the date!!!

I love playing fantasy football and probably know more about football than a lot of guys on this site -- and I look forward to playing with (and beating) all of you!! Women are welcome too, so get your fantasy draft guides and join in the fun!!!

Let the trash talking begin!!!
Charger Fan here :)

GO BOLTS!!
Zoey, when are your Bolts going to make LT start playing a little in the preseason? You guys can't afford to have him go 10 weeks out of 17 trying to warm up. Besides, he KILLED my fantasy team last year!!!

I still have slots open on my fantasy football team if anyone's interested in joining! :)

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service