My daughter is getting regrowth in some spots, once again, but the hairs are coming in white. I have read about exclamatory hairs and such, but these hairs don't have any pigment in them at all and she is a dirty blonde/light brown haired girl. Some of her longer regrowth spots have long white hairs too, does this happen with anyone else?

Views: 228

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, my daughter had light brown hair before the alopecia, the regrowth started as white little peach fuzz feeling hair, than it turned dark brown...
did your daughters hair come back? I recently have noticed my little white hairs getting longer and turning brown in some places. this is giving me some hope that it will grow back.
hi miranda, the regrowth are usually start with white fine hair, which will turn into it's original colour later on.
I have very dark brown hair, almost black. The regrowth hairs come through white, sometimes thick like cat whiskers and then change over time.

Congratulations on your daughters regrowth.
Well on my first spot (almost the size of my hand) there is thin white hairs but not on the rest of the spots? it is very fine and you can see i lost most my hair BUT my bald spot is getting bigger and bigger. Plus the fine white hairs come out even if you rub your hand over them. Congrats on your daughters regrowth
Yes, this is normal for people with alopecia when they experience hair regrowth. I am so pleased for you both!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service