Hi everybody,

I know this has been posted before, but I am looking for your input.
I have done many hours of research on the major wig companies.  Follea, New Hair, Fuller Hair and Peggy Knight and of course the other internet vendors out there.

As you know i have alopecia areata.  I have been completely bald again since July 2009 with no regrowth.  Now of course my eye brows are starting to fall out.  aggg... I have had history with my hair coming back and staying back for about 3 years than it would fall out again...Well I have gone thought this 3 times and I don't know if my hair will ever come back again. 

So with that being said,  I am not looking to get a vacuum piece at this time, unless my hair does not come back in 4 years than maybe I will go that route.  I did have a vacuum piece from locks of love..I really like the naturalness of lace wigs, but the lace wig I have now is sooo scratchy and the hair breaks off like crazy because it was processed soo much.. The pictures are posted on my page with the wigs I have now..

What are your experiences with these companies?  How long did it take to get your piece.  How was the customer service?  Did you have to send your piece back for repairs?  How long did that take? 

Do you know where I can get a good quality lace type wig?  I saw the Follea add,  the follea gripper.  Does anybody have one of those wigs... Sorry my post is soo long.  Any experiences good and bad please... Thanks

-Becca

Views: 4988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Becca,
I don't know how much you are looking to spend but if you want a human hair wig that is just amazing, go to www.yaffawigs.com. You can get them custom made or you can buy one and have it altered to your head size. I first came across them on ebay (go to ebay.com and type in yaffa wigs outlet). I've been wearing wigs since age 13 (I'm now 36!) making my way from synthetic to human hair. But even the human hair wigs I used to wear paled in comparison to yaffas. When I bought and wore my first yaffa my friends went crazy! They quality and movement of the hair is just amazing. Right before I went to yaffa I was buying hand tied human hair pieces (wig pro, i think) but they would shed so badly that I needed to find another option. Yaffa wigs have a closed weft which I love and it loses way less hair than hand tieds. The good thing is that they really do have a wig for every price point...they sell synthetics as well as many levels of human hair, their most expensive being the European human hair which is what I wear. They are so flowy and soft, not stiff like most wigs. I can't really say enough about them. The woman that I deal with there, Samantha, is just amazing. Any question I have ever asked her, she not only knows the answer but emails me back within minutes. Check them out. It may sound cheesy, but these wigs really changed my life. Hope that helps!

Jen
Jen,

Thanks that really helps.. I will have to check out that site :) It's not cheesy at all, I know the feeling..

-Becca

Mine wig is around 2 year old and it still looks awesome. i bought from https://shop.wigsbuy.com

I also got 2 wigs from rpg show but the hair breaks off like crazy...Maybe that's because I wear it all the time..

Thanks again for the info:)
Hi Becca!
I have had the best experience with Brenda Kay Hair Specialties, www.bkhair.com, ph 503-223-8092. She works with people all over the country (there are even people in the movie industry in Hollywood who swear by her work). I have been wearing wigs since 1972 and even worked in a wig shop. After years of frustration (wigs looking fake, even really expensive ones), I happened upon her shop and in the window I saw hair that looked like hair should look! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that she works with all budgets, and you can get a custom wig or an off-the-shelf wig, vacuum or silicone or lace or wefting -- whatever you want, and the quality is top of the line, and prices are wonderful. I had just bought a custom full lace European hair wig in San Francisco and it cost me about $4000. Brenda Kay had one custom made for me that was less than half that -- and the hair and fit was even better quality. She styles them beautifully, too. She also repairs wigs and restores them, and stands behind her products. You don't ever have to worry about working with her. I have had her make wigs for me for years now.
By the way, I agree about vacuum wigs being hot. The custom wigs that Brenda Kay makes will not move around on your head and you don't have to use glue or tape (although use tape anyway because I like the extra reassurance).
Awesome!!!! I will defiantly check that out..
this sounds great. I have thinning hair and have been wearing wigs for 7 years. i am looking to wear a lace wig , I have been wearing silicon all this time. I live in san diego and since she is in portland I would love to talk to you. If you have some time I would love to talk to you. I am willing to fly there for the day if I cannot find anybody here. So far I have not found anybody that has lace wigs with natural hairline from temple to temple. is that what you have? can you style your hair where you brush your bangs off your face?
Annie, I would be happy to talk to you, or you could just call Brenda. Her number is 503-223-8092. If you want to talk to me first, I can call you if you give me your number. The lace front wig I have had a very natural hairline and you could not tell it was a wig, and yes I have had them made temple to temple. Yes, I have worn it off my face, pulled back. I have pictures in my book (If Your Hair Falls Out, Keep Dancing!) that show the hairline on my lacefront wig. Let me know what you want to do. If you fly up here for the day, I would love to meet you!
I went to see Brenda a couple of weeks ago. She is very nice. Bought a front lace wig. She told me you bought one as well. How is it working out for you? Is it difficult to take care of? Does it look very natural on the forehead.
Love to hear your comments.
I'm glad you had a good experience with Brenda! I've had my lace front for about 3 years. It's just great. It's not difficult to take off and it does look VERY natural.
You can see pix of it in my book "If Your Hair Falls Out, Keep Dancing!" Brenda has some books in her salon.
How often do you wear your lace wig? Daily...? Do you tape or glue?? How long was it before you had to replace hair on it? Brenda told me I have to be very careful when removing the tape. I am going to tape it.

Thanks for your support on this.
Although the front looked really natural, I didn't like the way my forehead looked without bangs (I've always worn them!), so I didn't end up wearing the lace front very often. I used glue and tape both.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service