Hi everybody,

I know this has been posted before, but I am looking for your input.
I have done many hours of research on the major wig companies.  Follea, New Hair, Fuller Hair and Peggy Knight and of course the other internet vendors out there.

As you know i have alopecia areata.  I have been completely bald again since July 2009 with no regrowth.  Now of course my eye brows are starting to fall out.  aggg... I have had history with my hair coming back and staying back for about 3 years than it would fall out again...Well I have gone thought this 3 times and I don't know if my hair will ever come back again. 

So with that being said,  I am not looking to get a vacuum piece at this time, unless my hair does not come back in 4 years than maybe I will go that route.  I did have a vacuum piece from locks of love..I really like the naturalness of lace wigs, but the lace wig I have now is sooo scratchy and the hair breaks off like crazy because it was processed soo much.. The pictures are posted on my page with the wigs I have now..

What are your experiences with these companies?  How long did it take to get your piece.  How was the customer service?  Did you have to send your piece back for repairs?  How long did that take? 

Do you know where I can get a good quality lace type wig?  I saw the Follea add,  the follea gripper.  Does anybody have one of those wigs... Sorry my post is soo long.  Any experiences good and bad please... Thanks

-Becca

Views: 4988

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh...I am a bit nervous about the lace. Brenda really gave me the impression it would not last very long using tap . I am a bit concerned about what I am getting into since I do not have that kind of money to make this kind of mistake. Did she style the lace so you would not have bangs at all? What else about the lace you liked and did not like? I still have time to change the type of wig I am getting so your input would help.
There is nothing like lace to make it look like hair is growing out of your head around the hairline. It's just fabulous. Brenda can cut your hair so you can wear it either away from your face or with some wispy bangs. But my fuller bangs style calls for more hair to be cut, so I couldn't wear mine both ways. As far as the lace lasting, you should check with her on the fragility and upkeep. I didn't have any problem; I wore the lace front once a week or so, and the ones with bangs the rest of the time. I used glue because it looks better. What was your favorite hairstyle? She can make the wig look just like your own hair was.
I wear my wig similiar to your hairdo that I see in your replies. I want my bangs to be wispy so I can pull it away from my face. I hope the lace with give me the choice on how I want to wear my bangs in the front .

Thanks for your input. It has helped alot.
Just wondering, how was your experience with the vacuum wig?
I really loved my vacuum wig. Yes it was hot, but I didn't have to worry about it falling off or taping it on.. It however would not stay on very good when my hair would grow back..For some reason it has come back for 3 yrs than fell out again. So that part I didn't like because it would not stay on... Another thing I didn't like about my vacuum piece is that when the wind blew or something it didn't look natural. Yu know the hair line...

My vacuum piece is the once pictured in my profile picture. I also didn't like when people would touch my head you could feel that something was not right...I can't really explain it but it was like a hollow sound....

Overall my vacuum piece was great...It lasted me like 10 yrs.... I can't wear it anymore now because it's gotten to the point that it can't be repaired.. Anymore questions just ask... Hope this helps..

Oh and the quality of hair was the best!!!!! I got that one from locks of love...

-Becca
Thanks everybody for the information!!!!
Becca~

The Gripper is absolutely WONDERFUL!!!! It has the security of a vacuum piece yet it is cool like a lacefront and the quality of the hair is outstanding. I can give you more info if you need it!!!

Lisa
Lisa, what is the Gripper?
I ended up getting a Gripper from Peggy Knight, It costed me $2,000.00. It's nice that I don't have to use tape but it's not secure on me. If the wind blows too hard the back of the peice will life off my head. I find the peice to be hot too. The gripper is lined with silacone so it grips to your head. It's like a mix between a vacuume and a net based wig. If you wants pictures message me and I will send them to you. I have had some problems with this piece.

-Becca
Oh, I know what it is. I have one of those, but of course not named as such, from Brenda Kay. Yes, it grips my head and I love it, but I use a piece of tape just for security.

Hi Becca,

I'm interested in getting a gripper, but I would really like to see one and try it on before investing $2000. Can you show me some pics and give me yr honest opinion. I wear a freedom vaccuum now and want a backup.. Thanks,

Laurie~

Becca, I meet with Peggy Knight next week to see the Gripper myself. What I am looking for is a wig that I can pull up loosely into a twist or floppy ponytail. Not a tight ponytail. Mainly I just want it to look like a natural hairline in the back. I plan on having an older wig I have cut shorter for the times that I want that look but hate not being able to wear my hair up and off my neck. Does your Gripper allow you to do this? I also worry about it being hot. You mentioned that yours is hot. I was hoping that if I could pull it off my neck it would be cooler. I'd appreciate any comments you might have. It's a lot of money and I want to be as certain as I can be before I make the purchase. Have you worn the vacuum wigs before? I'm afraid I couldn't handle the heat from one of those wigs even though they are often very beautiful. Thanks for your wisdom. Judy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service