Hi everyone I'm a very new member from the UK.
I've had AU for most of my life but dealt with it alone until I came across some supportive organisations in the UK last year. My world has opened up considerably since then!

So I'm thinking of going to NAAF Conference, Louisviile - it's a bit of a trek from here so I'm working on the logistics at the moment. I hear that it's well worth while going. Glad to meet you all!!

Views: 16

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi!

Im Roger from Stockholm, Sweden. Im going there for my first time.

Roger.
Hi. I booked my flight today. 1000 us dollars.

Where in the UK do you live?

Roger.
Me & rj are going.

A couple of places you may want to check for cheap rates:

www.hotwire.com
www.site59.com
www.expedia.com

Last year me and a friend booked through expedia and just for the fun of it, we requested how much it would cost for the hotel room to be added (the same one has the conference) and we paid $25/night cheaper. So check it out and if the rate is cheaper, you can always book the room & go back to the Marriot and cancel it later...

Hotwire is amazing but you have to be flexible on your hours.

I would highly recommending staying in the conference hotel, then you don't miss anything. Most people who have stayed elsewhere felt the missed a lot... Believe me when I tell you, you will NOT regret the trip.
Thanks Cheryl for the tip!!!

Roger.
Hi Cheryl,
Hi Roger!

I'll be going for the very first time too, flying from Montréal.
My husband will be with me but the my girls will stay at home with theirs grand parents.
Looking forward to see you there!

Diane
PS: I'll be easy to recognized, I'll be the one with no hair ;-)
Please come! We have a ball and it's a great way to connect.
Hi everyone.

Im going from Stockholm, Sweden and will be staying at Holiday Inn, downtown Louisville from the 18th to the 23rd cuz the Marriott was fully booked.

Roger.
Just wanted to let you know that registration for the NAAF conference is now open on the National Alopecia Areata Foundation site.
I went to my first and only one back in 2000 in Norfolk and it was amazing. I unfortunately will not be able to go again this year due to lack of money, I just bought my first house all on my own, and I have to work all summer to make up for my vacation I'm taking at the end of the summer before going back to my "real" job as a teacher. Everyone will have to take lots of pictures and tell me all about it. Maybe next year :)
Im very excited going all the way from Sweden for my first time so I hope all the "oldtimers" will show me around =)

I will be arriving the 18th going home the 23rd. Staying at the Marriott.

Roger.
I want to go but I would be going alone and Im a little nervous not knowing any one but I really want to meet others with Alopecia! I have had it my whole life and never met anyone else with it. Can anyone that has gone in previous years tell me if its really worth the trip from NY?
Jess, I have been going to conferences since i was 12. They are well worth it. they are my sanity for the year. this year in lousiville will be amazing. the hotel is already booked but you can get a roomate through naaf. even if you come alone you wont be for long. by the end of the first night you will have lots of new friends. Plus you or your parents can wirte the trip off on your taxes as a medical expense. I want to say there is at least 20 people your age that i know is going.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service