The latest course of alopecia looks as if it may go the distance. The patches are bigger and more hair has fallen out / broken already than in any other episode over the years. Even my eyebrows and beard are thinning, all after less than 4 weeks. The daily ‘rat’ in the shower drain, as someone put it so well last night, and brush full of hair attest that no slow down is in sight. At this rate, I anticipate that >50% of my head will hairless by the time summer arrives in three weeks time. I realize the progression is different for everyone…just wondering for those who lost most or all of their hair, how long did it take from the time the first patch appeared until you reached totalis?

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For me it was a very long and slow process. It took about 12 years from my first AA spot until I went AT and needed a wig. It took 3 years from AT to AU. I've heard of people losing everything in a matter of 3 weeks too. It's a very personal experience for everyone and very unpredictable too so no one can say for sure how long it will take for anything to happen. I've also heard of people losing everything for about one year before it all grew back in like nothing hapened. Alopecia is a weird little thing!
In my case, it was a pretty fast process to lost all my hair.... I was diagnosed with AA when I was 2-3 yo... and at 34 yo, I lost almost all my hairs in about 3 days... I was AT for a month or 2 and became AU after. As Carol said, this disease is a weird little thing!
Marisa..Good for you..I know exactly how you feel..AA,At is never easy to live with,but it surely makes us better humans..Sorry to hear about your divorce..I had that happen to me also..Never easy also..LOL..Thanks for adding me as a friend..That was sweet of you..Your very attractive..Any man would be a very lucky guy to have such a charmer in his life..I should be so lucky..Thanks again..Bob
I have diffuse thinning...my hair doesn't come out in clumps..but its leaving more and more each day..slowly but surely..

I feel when your hair leaves this slow, its kinda torturous ..bc you wonder if it'll stop or progress, I myself already have a bald spot...and I just wonder if it'll get worse.

Idk I I can do alopecia total is, that would be the nail in the coffin for me

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service