Does anyone know why hair starts to come through the cap? Is this something I am doing and if so how can I prevent it? Should I clip these hairs or leave them be?

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stephanie,

The same thing happened to one of my wigs and I also asked the same question.. This is what another member Thea said regarind the hair coming through the cap.

From Thea:

I'm not a wig expert but it can't be too many things. I hope the wig makers will weigh in on this so we can all learn.

Can anyone talk about double, triple knotting technique, etc? I believe that even expensive wigs can be made poorly. I've seen it. If wig sellers are not inspecting their wigs carefully when they are delivered, any factory can have sloppy, fast workers who make poorly secured knots. Quality control is a big problem in wig making. (Adding glossers and conditioners that wash right out the first time is another common problem....the way new, thick socks are sooo fluffy at the store when you first buy them and then never again)

Might it be:

1) poor knotting at the factory
2) too much conditioner
3) or conditioner in contact too long on the knots

The hair that's loosened cannot be put back. So unless it's poor knotting (get a magnifying glass) over the entire wig, the aim is prevention of further loss.

Are others using this strategy: Is the prevention for future washing to turn the wig inside out afterward, patting out moisture in a towel and dabbing the knots with 90% alcohol to tighten them right away?

Thea
It's like a net. Someone just told me that sitting the wig in water can allow the hair to slip through the inside of the cap. The over-conditioning explanation makes sense too. That said, the hair really needs conditioning so it's a catch 22. I will try these suggestions. I know that this wig was made really well. The hair never falls out, even when I brush it, so it's not poor knotting. Thanks!!!
Thanks. I will do it that way. I have been swishing it and now see that is probably exactly why the hair is reversing.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service