Hello Yokasta. I know you will never forget me. On on the other hand, I will never forget what happened in the bathroom of King's Lane Middle School. I was the mean kid who attempted to pull off your wig in the girl's bathroom. Not knowing any better, that incident haunted me years later. I prayed about it and thought all was well..until I had to face you in church. I felt so bad and was instantly reminded of my past experience with you. But check this out... I let you get away from me because I couldn't figure out the proper way to approach you. I came across your site, due to me browsing around the internet and when I saw who you really were, my heart stopped. It was sooo ironic that you have started this wonderful organization for people with Alopecia. I provide hair prosthesis for Alopecia and Chemo sufferers. I also volunteer with the American Cancer Society's "Look Good, Feel Better" program. Please forgive me for what I did to you. I am sooo sorry : ( Please find it in your heart to fougive me. I see that your experience didn't hold you back.

Views: 6

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Cynthia,

I've never held that incident or any other incidents of meanness shown toward me against anyone. If anything, I chalk it up to the natural inclinations of children to make fun of and ridicule anything they don't understand. How interesting that you currently work with alopecians and others living with medical hair loss -- of course, I have never been one to believe in coincidence, and can only see your career as the hand of God touching your life. I'm glad you apologized -- it was totally unexpected but always appreciated. That you chose to do so in so public a forum has truly moved me to tears. I accept your apology, and hope now that we have put this chapter of our lives behind us we can be the friends as adults that we never managed as children.

Have a wonderful week! Your friend, YoKasta :)
I really feel like a load is off of my shoulders. Once my business picks back up (due to the recession) I want start having monthly drawings for one free lace wig. I will keep you posted.

Your new friend, Cynthia
Wow - isn't it great to be an adult...... you two sound like wonderful people.
What a wonderful thread.
Kids will be kids and we have all been nasty to someone in our pasts that we wish we could take back. How amazing that you found each other again and had the great opportunity to make things better.
Good luck to you both x

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service