Has anyone ever worn or are familiar with an integration wig? I still have hair but it is rapidly thinning. It is getting to the point where I have had to cut it pretty short (above my jaw) and have a hard time styling it. It looks so thin and lifeless. My family is starting to notice some. I don't want it to get to the point where I am so thin and then I show up wearing something and everyone knows. I am not sure what to do. In a way if it is going to keep falling out I would rather it all did and I could get a vacuum wig and move on. I feel I am in that in between stage.

Views: 432

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

o.o i dont really know what an integration wig is o.o
i dont really know anything about wigs because i never got one :(
but in your little message posty thingy or whatev its called, it said something about vaccuum wigs?
http://peggyknight.com/
they have those kind of wigs :)
they have wigs at
http://vougewigs.com/

if your hair falls out all the way or too much then you should probably get a wig o.o
but dont worry because wigs are better.
because then all you have to do is put a wig on without worrying about straightening it or whatever.
and then you can change the color of your "hair" as much as you want without damaging anything.
sorry if this wasnt the answer you were looking for, i kinda got off topic XD
Hi
This is a difficult time - when people are trying to decide what to do about their hairloss. I feel it is actually always better to be upfront about what is going on. You have hairloss and as much as I wish you didn't sadly you do. Hiding it is your right, but I think that it can cause so much stress in people's lifes. You haven't done anything to make this happen there definately is no shame in what has happened so to try and hide and say nothing is happening when obviously something is happening is very difficult for you and those you come into contact with. I know that you probably wish that this would all go away and you could just go back to being you. You are you, but you have hairloss (that's it). Looking for alternatives that work for you is very helpful, but trying to hide this is pretty counterproductive. You don't have to advertise it but you need to be comfortable with what's happening (I know it's horrible).

If you are dealing with AA an intergration unit would probably not be such a great idea as you don't know where your hair is staying and where it is going. If you are dealing with female pattern thinning I believe integration units work well as they can be blended in with the hair that you are holding on to.

Hope that helps.

Rosy
My hair loss is all over. I don't lose it in patches. It does seem a little more thinner on top and on sides so I wonder if it is androgenic. 6 years ago I was told it was telogen effluvium.
Hi Dawn

If your hairloss is fairly stable maybe an integrated piece may work well. I'm sorry I can't give you any advise about where to go and who to go and see. Maybe somebody else will come along with some information on this.

I know a lot about the Freedom Vacuum Prosthesis and am happy to help you with anything you need to understand about this type of hairpiece, but other sorts of hairpieces I have had very little contact with.

Take care

Rosy
Hi Dawn
Have you thought about a topper? If you still have some hair and it has become very thin, then lots of ladies seem to find a topper very successful. They say it is way more comfortable and less hot than a full wig. I have AU and wear full wigs so cannot advise more but check out Merry's posts on www.Heralopecia.com : she explains them really well and looks wonderful. I think you would be able to achieve a nice and natural look with this- just giving you a bit more volume!
Good luck- there are lots of choices out there, hope you find something you feel happy with.
Louise
I have been using the intergrated sytem for three yrs now, i go to Mark Glenn in London and have it reajusted every six weeks. when you have your first fitting it takes up to eight hours depending on how much of the sytem you need, the ajustments take up to three hours each time. the only downside is the cost, its very expensive so i am now looking at alternatives.
Wow, I could have written this myself. This is exactly my issue I want to find something before I lose too much. I hate that I'm so worried about friends and co-workers will think, as if I don't have enough to worried about. So hard to find something that comfortable and looks natural. Did you ever try the integration wig?
Ladies....this is worth a look. www.dreamhairblending.com

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service