hii all,

ive just come back from the hospital and been weighed etc. and was prescribed some tablets in preparation for my PUVA treatment soon.. omg when i left the hospital and even in the hospital people randomly smiled and stuff like i had cancer or something.. it was horrible lol.

anyways, back to the subject... the person said after i take 5 of these tablets 2hrs before treatment i have to wear longsleeve stuff, sunglasses straight away and a hat..... and whatever i do avoid the sun at all costs.

is it really that bad... it doesnt make you a temporary albino does it ?!?! HAHA

thanks for any replies :)

nick x

Views: 36

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

okay, I was told that I'm going to be using a gel instead... hmmm....

my main concerns are: will it be as effective as the tablets? and what about my eyebrows and eyelashes?!?

if anyone has had any experience with the gel or anything that would be kool :)

thanks
just came back after having it... my first thought is... did it actually do anything?! i had to put the gel on 30mins before and you go under some old skool head unit with the same lights as the ones you get at tanning salons (if you guys have ever been lol). it literally lasted 50seconds and it was a less warming sensation than walking around while its sunny :/ i was like.. is that it?!?!?! ahh well........ i have another appointment on thursday.. hopefully it will be more powerful. x
Nick, the gel or tablets will make you sensitive to UV rays....read that as you'll end up with a nasty burn if you stay out in the sun. The gel might be better as they'll probably only make you cover your head until it washes or wears off. The tablets would make your entire body sensitive. Good luck with the treatments!
I'm so confused, What kind of treatment is this????
is getting a very mild sick feeling a side effect when its first applied?
ohh yeah, i also wanted to know one more thing :D

umm while any of you were having the PUVA treatment did you take anything else? i mean before i had my appointments for PUVA i was prescribed elidel cream and dovobet steroid stuff... its not really done much and i've been applying it for 2 months...

sorry, what im getting at is i want to know if anyone was using any other related medication when they had PUVA?

thx :) x
did people experience slight sunburn effects? or/and darkening of the skin btw? thanks for the info so far everyone. its really appreciated :) x

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service