Has anyone else regestered to participate in this research?
http://www.mdanderson.org/departments/alopecia/dIndex.cfm?pn=E57C5D...

Registry Toll Free Number: 1-866-837-1050
www.AlopeciaAreataRegistry.org

I was asked to go forward with the second tier and was just wondering if anyone else has participated and what you have learned from it.

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. I am in the process of filling out the 2nd tier information pack( with blood work) and scheduling time with my dermotologist LOCALLY who has treated me since the onset of this over 17 years ago, to participate with me instead of traveling to Houston, TX which I can not afford at this time.

ANY ideas or comments are welcome.
I had my dermatologist (who has been treating me since I was 12) do the bloodwork and the interview locally in her office. The appointment took about 2 hours and she didn't even charge me my copay. Make sure when you set the appointment with your doctor to ask her to waive the copay or any costs associated with the visit for the Registry. Most, if not all doctors who have alopecia patients are waiving the charges. Good luck!!
I've been on the registry since it was created, and I went onto the Second Tier in January. I haven't heard anything back from them since that time, but thanks for posting the number -- I can call them tomorrow and ask them if there is any other information I need to give them.
I signed up a few months back.
I havent heard anything either.

Jeff
Kerri,
Thank you so much for your input here as well as otherwise!
It means a great deal to those of us who suffer this dreadful diease to find a cure or at least a correlation to what the causes are.

Again- a BIG thank you.
Hi
I tried to join a few years ago but is only available to those in the USA. Is that still the case??

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service