After many blood tests to see what was causing my hair loss the doctors had came to a conclusion that my antibodies towards my thyroid came back positive, which they can't do anything about that, but told me that it can reverse on it's own. Thinking this was the reason I was losing my hair, I was wrong it had nothing to do with it. Then going to a dermatologist they told me I had Alopecia Aereata. After reading many things I was wondering if anyone else had their antibodies towards there thyroid come back positive and there answer? Also, if you were able to have kids?

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I started taking meds for thyroid at 13 when my AA went to AT and I was going through puberty. After having three children my thyroid tested normal, I was 24. Although thyroid levels have been known to fluctuate, rarely do they regulate themselves. The only reason I'm not on meds anymore is because the levels which require meds changed. I was in the newly created gray area and my doctor let me decide. Some days I can feel that my thyroid is low, I feel like I'm draging my butt everywhere and I just eat foods rich in iron and it seems to help.
Thank you for the information it really does help me!
Well I'm not sure if this is the same, but my antinuclear antibodies (ANA) are very high which show I have an auto immune condtion - alopecia. -only diagnosed 2 yrs ago. They have been high for along time because I remember having the same blood test when were going through IVF. The doctors at the time could work out why I was miscarriaging all the time. and the IVF procedures weren't working. I now believe my immune system was attacking itself thus causing the miscarriages.
I have one beautiful daughter and consider myself very lucky.
Angela

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service