My niece is in high school and she plays sports. It is very warm right now. She wears a wool cap outside. Are there any suggestions about what she can wear? Or should I leave it up to her. She doesn't say that it bothers her.

Views: 10

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, if she's comfortable she doesn't have to wear anything at all but scarfs and bandanas work well. I would at least talk to her parents before deciding to take this on yourself and if you feel they are having a hard time coping themselves then you can be there for their support as well. :)
Hi Frankie

If the parents are there I would discuss it with them first - if for some reason they aren't I would do the following.

Ask her if she is comfortable with how she is presenting herself. If she is that's great. I have found that unless you as the adult approach and communicate with the teenager/child you will not be able to find out what is really going on. I know many times my daughter was not interested in talking about her AA she just wanted to get on with life and this may be the case with your niece. I also felt that I had more life experience and some of her choices with regards to aa needed to be discussed fully as her life experience was fairly limited and she lacked the ability to get over challenging situations. Talking to find out what she really needs will help - Good luck.

Rosy
If she likes what she's wearing now, then let her continue to wear what she's comfortable in. But maybe make sure she is aware of all her options...wear nothing at all, wigs, scarves, etc.
im in highschool to and i also play sports and i wear a beanie most of the time. I would just let her do what she is most comfortable with . but when she is playing her sports you could try to suggest a a bandanna something that's not as hot.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service