I am shaving head soon and looking for a good placeto buy syntheticwigs and fun hats online. Any suggestions?

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I TOO, JUST SHAVED THE LAST 3" PATCH OF HAIR THAT I HAD LEFT ON MY HEAD LAST WEEK AND JUST STARTED LOSING MY EYELASHES, I BOUGHT SOME LASHES YESTERDAY, BOY WHAT A PAIN IN THE YOU KNOW WHAT TO PUT ON!!! ANYWAY, I GET ALL OF MY WIGS ONLINE AT WILSHIREWIGS.COM. THEY HAVE A BIG SELECTION AND THE PRICES SEEM TO BE CHEAPER THAN ANYONE ELSE ONLINE. GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN PICKING ONE OUT!! SHERRI
Bigmama,
If this is your first wig I would like to highly recommend looking for a nearby wig shop where you could go and try on before you buy. I just recently bought my first wig and I went to a little local shop and I'm SO glad I did. They are so nice there and they make sure you get exactly what you're looking for.

I posted a discussion on this Wigs section of the forum called Wigs 101. If you check that out, there were a lot of responses and a lot of links and good tips and advice. A lot of people seem to be a fan of www.wigs.md.

Good luck in your search! Let us know how it goes!
One of my favorite websites for buying hats online is Hatagories.com - they have a broad selection with prices ranging from about $15-$20 to several hundred dollars. Another favorite is tlcdirect.org - their focus is on cancer patients, but it really doesn't matter since their headgear is appropriate for anyone. All of their hats include an interior drawstring so you can adjust the size and most if not all are cut deep enough to provide full coverage to the nape of the neck. Many are available in different sizes. They also have hat liners, wigs, scarves, and turbans. Most of their prices are reasonable. I've purchased wigs from both PaulaYoung.com and the wigshop.com. Most prices are reasonable and the quality is pretty good IMO; however, I haven't always been satisfied with the fit or style of the wigs and I hate having to return stuff by mail. I've purchased five different wigs from these two websites in my quest for the "perfect" style/fit. I have one curly one that I like and have received lots of compliments on and another curly one that I've never worn because it just doesn't look "right" to me (should have returned it, but I kept thinking that I just needed time to get used to it). Even though I was happy with the one curly wig, I still wanted to find a nice, short, straight style to wear when I'm feeling more casual but don't want to wear a hat. One of the straight cuts that I bought looks pretty good, but I didn't care for the quality at all on the other two and plan on returning them soon. The WigShop has a review system for customers to use and it's sometimes helpful in making decisions on which wigs to buy & which to avoid. Ideally, if you have a local wig shop in your area, then it would probably be better to buy locally or at least browse there because you could try them on before making a purchase. Another possibility would be to find a stylist who can assist you in selecting a style and color. Not all wigs have the same features. Since you wear glasses, you will probably want a wig that has open ear tabs because it makes it a little easier to take your glasses off & on. Dave mentioned that wigs can be hot & itchy and that's true. What I've noticed with mine is that most of the discomfort is when I first put it on. After I've had it on awhile, then the itching stops as long as I resist the urge to tug on it and adjust it. Once I start tugging on it, the itching starts again - I think because it is creeping across my head ever so slightly tugging on my hair! It does take some getting used to and for me, it's not something I want to deal with every day but I enjoy wearing them for special occassions. Of course, since you're shaving your head, then you won't have that problem, but it may itch for other reasons. Good luck in your search!
Hi

I noticed on the blog page that you had been to see Debbie from Freedom.

I personally think this was a good choice. She's a lovely lady who has a heap of experience. She has this condition and her thing is if I had found something better I would be wearing it. You can't dispute that really.

I feel the same with my daughter. If I had found something better than her Freedom wigs she would be wearing them as well. I haven't in the last five years and she wears two beautiful freedom wigs.

I just want to assure you that your decision is a good one and wish you well with your new hair.

Rosy

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service