Okay.. So for about 5-6 months I have had this white little hairs growing out of my head.. I mean it looks quite furry and its all over.. What the heck is going on?
Does anyone else have this occuring? Does anybody know why this is happening??
And if this white furry stuff it growing.. Some are very long.. (My son thinks they are funny) Why cant my hair grow back?

Just thought I might ask and see if anyone else has these little white friends..lol

Zoey~

Views: 1640

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I havent had time to try yet. Since I want to try when I at least have 2 days off afterwards. Which I am going to have this weekend. So if I can muster up the courage Im going to do it! =D
Did you see that Vicki tried and it didn't work. It just dyed her scalp.. Maybe you shouldn't try it.. :(
I don't want your scalp to get hurt... Ask Vicki about it..

Zoey
yeah true... But Im willing to take the risk. If it doesnt work Ill just shave my head and try to wash the color off the scalp :D .. And if that isnt possible Ill just wear a hat for a while no big deal. We have to stay positive and actually believe it can work!
Henrik.. You are quite the brave one.. :)

Keep us all updated... Please be careful and try not to get hurt..

Muah Zoey
Yes Henrik,

Dont burn your head.

Jeff
There is anothe rpost of this white fuzz.. Funny how I thought It was odd.. Now, I find out lots of people have the same thing..

Makes me feel a bit better, knowing that I am not the only one!!!

Thank goodness for Alopecia World!!
Ok I have now tried dying the fuzz. Unfortunatley I used a way to bright color since the fuzz is actually white and my originial color is brownish. So Im going to buy a darker color, a darkbrown as close to black as possible without it being black.
However my fuzz actually gained color. Although very subtle it is there. I can still se the scalp though. Im hoping that it will stick better once I color it with darker though, since it only turned very brightly blonde right now. Ill post pictures of the first and second round as soon as Ive tried it again.

Cheers / Henrik
Thanks for keeping us updated.

I hope the next round goes better.

How much white fuzz do you have as opposed to before your alopecia?
Also did you have any gray hair before ?

I currently have mabey 40% white fuzz to nothing ratio.

Jeff
Yeah today is the day unless Im to tired once Im home. However I have bought the color.
At the moment I have no completely bald spots, although I have very little fuz(and very short, at two of my spots. I would say that I have a 40-60 ratio where 30% is fuzz/bald and 60% is my original hair.

I have no gray hair since before my alopecia. And I had no fuzz before my alopecia either if that was your question! =D

Henrik
Thanks Henrick I think that answers my question.

I hope the coloring goes well tonight.

Let us know

Best,

Jeff
Yes unfortunatley the one that were supposed to help me had to work overtime the entire weekend so I havent been able to dye it yet! Although Tonight I finally will. Ill be sure to take photos directly and write here as soon as it done. Might be tomorrow though.

Cheers!
It is now colored once again with a darker color. I will upload photos both of the lighter coloring as well as the darker one.
Unfortunatley my spots took a somewhat redish color however it fits in quite nice, and I dare say that they are alot better than they were before.
So if you, like me, have baby-furr growing all over your spots, wait until it is around 1-2 cm and then it at least 50%ish will take the color and the rest wont. Although I suppse its better to just try to wait it out if you have already shaved your hair.

I must say that I almost cant wait to see if it grows back more during the coming 2 months. If not I intend to shave anywa since my hair at the moment is starting too look really bad due too not having a haricut for almost 8 months now. And my hair grow really fast.

I hope this helps someone, and if there is something you would like to know just ask me! =D

Cheers / Henrik

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service