Is there such a thing as an affordable wig?
I am trying to find a full mesh cap wig in petite.
I am looking for a shortish straight style that is NOT a pixie cut.
(Why does it seem that the only petite wigs are in a pixie cut or granny curls?)
I am finding that such a wig will cost $1,000 and up.
I hate when they tell me I can go on a "payment plan' or just put it on a credit card or worse yet; take out a loan.
It's a wig, not a house or car.
Plus, because I live in Ontario, Canada I get fleeced on shipping & duty etc.
Can anybody help me find a comfy wig that won't break the bank?

Views: 2855

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you are looking for bargain wigs, check out the brand Sepia, you can find them on bestwigoutlet.com, they're like $30. I have worn african american wigs before too, very cheap as well. I'm not african american but I usually always get the dark colors as dark brown so it works well. Check out hairsisters.com, they also have african american human hair wigs for around $30. if you find one you like, go on youtube & see if there is a wig review about it. i personally love raquel welch brand or the european brand belle madame. good luck :)
I have good luck with inexpensive synthetic wigs off of the internet. I have gotten pretty good at cutting and styling them myself, which is usually necessary to get it to look natural. I have been wearing a new one about every 6 weeks, because the hair starts to get frizzy by then. I have experimented a lot, and have a pretty good idea now which styles and colors work for me. Liz
Hi Isobel, I'm in Germany & I wear a lot of Ellen Wille Wigs. Love their hair. Also, have you heard of Belle Madame? It's my favorite european wig brand. Just so expensive for synthetic. The ones I get are usually around $500 from the local wig store.
Hi Just joined this forum, you are absolutely right. Wig prices are skyrocketing again this year and its difficult for most wig shops to stay in business. All orders shipped from the USA are subject to a 20 percent fee for brokerage etc. Nafta or free trade only means the item is 100 percent made in the USA. We know thats not the case and all or most wigs are made in China. So, I do sell some wigs from 295 and upwards, the quality is great and I have a repair person who can professionally resize for about 30.00 . An all hand tied will cost you more, say starting about 550.00. These prices are synthetic. Let me know if I can help or send you photos if you are interested.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service