I've had alopecia universalis for 14 years and convential medical treatments in my opinion do not address the cause.I've recently became a certified nutritionist and I've changed my diet in the last 4 years and have done a slow chelation treatment using Chlorella and I have grown 60 per cent of my head hair back with eye brows starting to sprout as well in the last two years. I would like to do a study of Alopecia sufferers by blood type as I feel there is a strong correlation. If you would like to submit your blood type please send me your blood type and RH factor ex: A+ O- etc and when I get a large enough sampling I will post results. I'm a type O+ BTW

The Normal distributions for blood types in North America is 0(45%) A (42%) B(10%) AB(3%). My hypothesis is that people with alopecia will be mostly O's and in greater percentages than the general population makeup...instead of 45%...maybe 70%+ O's

if you don't know your blood type you can buy a very inexpensive kit here

http://www.4yourtype.com/prodinfo.asp?number=YTE001

Views: 5076

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike,

Very interesting research indeed! I am O +

Natalie
Well we have 11 respondents so far which is not enough for a study but the numbers so far are as follows

O - 7 (64%)
A - 2 (18%)
B- 1 (9%)
AB- 1 (95)

The Normal distributions for blood types in North America is 0(45%) A (42%) B(10%) AB(3%)

100 respondents would be meaningful
I'm A+
This is interesting. My daughter is B-. Have you contacted The National Alopecia Areata Registry to see if you can gather more info on blood types?
I am O+ as well humm makes you think.. would love to see what you find out
b+
wow- I am excited to find out my blood test!
O- for me
A postive
Hi Im Blood type (A-) I would be happy to volunteer any other info that would help you in the alocia study if you need it. Thanks!
Very interesting post. I am 0- like my mother, and we both suffer from alopecia...
Witch diet you use?
My acupuncturist who apply chinese medicine, suspect that I have candida, and that maybe
candida is a reason why I have alopecia in firt place. I start anti candida diet, i am usind iodine suplement, doing baking soda baths...
I recently had a blood test ordered from my doctor and it indicated that my C-reactive protein levels were through the roof. Normal levels were less than 3...mine was a t 21! CRP is an indication of cardiovascular health but also can determine inflammation in the body. With no existing medical conditions besides alopeica universalis, my doctor concluded that I suffer from chronic inflammation because of AU. *If you aren't aware, chronic inflammation leads to a whole bunch of horrible diseases including cancers, cardio vascular disease, stroke, diabetes...etc. I realized something needed to be done to keep inflammation down...I shouldn't just deal with it, as my doctor says. My naturopath has since had me on an anti inflammatory diet and supplements that are anti inflammatory. In the past 6 months I've had more hair growth than ever (I'd had none in the eight years prior). I've regrown an eyebrow, and have hair growing back on my head (visible coloured hair and considerable amounts in the front). Who knows if this is linked to leading an anti inflammatory lifestyle..could just be the very random AA/AU grown cycles. But if you're interested in natural lifestyle changes, this could be one to explore.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service