i would like to correspond with anyone who has univeralisis,[HOPE I SPELLED IT CORRECTLY]

Views: 246

Replies to This Discussion

HI Janet, i'm RONDA I AM UNIVCERALIS , I USE TO BE TOTALIS BUT 4MONTHS AGO I LOST MY HAIR ON ALL OF MY BODY. IT HAS'NT BEEN EASY AS YOU MUST KNOW . I MISS MY EYEBROWS AND EYELASHES THE MOST. I GOT USE TO HAVING NO HAIR ON MY HEAD BNUT THE FACE IS REALLY HARD TO ADJUST TO. IF YOUR INTERESTED WITH CORRESPONDING WITH ME , I'D LOVE IT.
I've had AU for about a year now. It started 3 years ago with AA, responded to corticosteroid treatments, then lost everything last year. I wear hats and scarves mostly, have a wig but can't really get used to it. I work out a lot and hats seem to breathe better. I can't figure out what to do about swimming though--the swim cap thing isn't for me. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate hearing them. About 6 months ago, my nails started turning green, and separating from the nail beds. Dr said its called pseudomonas and is related to AA. Now getting steroid injections in my fingers (really hurts more than the scalp) but so far seems to be helping. We'll see. I hate not having nails, it's more than a cosmetic problem, it's a functional one. It's hard to work without nails, I can't get my kids shoelaces unknotted! Good to hear from everyone.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service