I bought my featherlite (fall) from Isadore last year. When i first received the piece to inspect that hair quality i was very hopefull. However, it is very annoying to wear as the hair in the front keep falling directly in my face and it's so thick in the front that it gives away that "wiggy" look. I've asked her to fix it yet no response. This is perhaps my most difficult and frustrating experience as this wig cost me nearly 5,000 which was my entire savings and she cannot even answer my questions and has no interest in getting back to me. I don't know what to do at this point. It's also much much shorter than we had discussed which is another issue i am having. I basically cannot even wear it. I have tried her canada and Israel phone number but no answer. How can someone be this rude to their customers. I am very sad and disappointed, i mean going through hair loss is a very difficult thing to deal with in itself let alone having someone take your savings, promising you to be there if you have any issues and then doing the complete opposite. Anyone else have a similar experience with featherlite? I've read some reviews on other sites that had a similar story to mine.

Views: 3166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

P.s. have you sent her a mail to inquire again and have you checked with your CC company? $5000,00 is too much to let it go I read about someone on another forun that she had to wait 24 months to get a crap wig. Also a custom order and another woman had to wait 8 months. Both weren't satisfied with what they got.
Thanks for the reply, yes her hair is know to be the best but it certainly not worth the stress, I contacted Visa and they asked me to send emails and receipts. I'm hoping I hear from her before o go through with it but I'm not holding my breathe. Thanks for sharing your experience.
If you haven't heared from her by Friday, go through with it. Because from Friday till Sunday she won't respond anyway. That amount of money is too much to mess with. Perhaps you could write her with a gmail address or yahoo address. My emails from Hotmail/outlook didn't always come through. Although she did respond last year to an inquiry sent from Hotmail..
I paid for a custom 7 months ago $5,000. When 4 months came I asked her when it would be shipped she said in a few weeks I followed up in a few weeks. Now she doesn't even answer my emails. I feel it's to late to make a cc complaint I'm stuck paying off 5,000 for an item I never received. My husband is so upset with me we fight about it al oat every day. Worst thing is I check on her facebook page and she posts only good customer reviews. I just don't know what to do as if losing my hair day by day wasn't hard enough.

You should still try your CC company. I have had to do that once with a Chinese scammer who sold me grap and I didn't know that I still could file a claim.  You still haven't received it, so maybe it won't be an issue. I should contact them and ask. Some CC companies still give you your money back within a year. Some only within half a year. I use Mastercard and Amex. And my husband has Visa and they all have a good customer service.

I would still try it.

I am also going to file a claim next week, because something gives me the feeling she doesn't give a grap about her customers anymore.

I know she has a large Jewish customer base, who love her sheitels. I read good reviews while browsing google, but I have the feeling that if someone has Alopecia or is going through Chemo, she doesn't give a dang anymore. Maybe she did once, but not now. I have the feeling it all changed after her move to Israel. Why? Am not sure...

I am very upset about all this. And I also feel so sorry for people who are scammed by her. Who knows, some people may have to save a few years to be finally able to have great quality hair again.

I wish I went back to Flora. Her wigs are good quality, except that they're handtied, and maybe don't last as long. The one I have has too much hair, but it thins out over time.  At least the one I have. The hair however is still beautiful. And the Featherlite I purchased off Ebay from someone (not Featherlite) is also beautiful. It still is.

At least I do have a back up. But for how long? The Flora has bald spots and I don't have the money anymore to buy another wig.

What I also noticed last year, is that she contradicts herself in her replies. And she tries to push you into buying something you don't want.

I totally agree. I don't want to post it on here because I saw another lady got backlash after posting one of her responses. But she is extremely rude and pushy.

I called my CC company and they told me I have one year with my Mastercard in Holland.  I would give them a call and ask what you can do. I would explain the situation. They will send you something you have to fill out or you can print it out. You need to add your invoice, your emails to her and her replies to you if you still have them. And tell them she never provided shipping info nor that she is replying to you anymore.

After six months I still got my money back from that Chinese scammer and then within three days. I forwarded the emails I sent, the invoice and everything that could go against them.

I really hope you get your money back, real soon! I am going to warn the Alopecia forum in Holland. There are a few people there who might be interested in FeatherLite, but I have to warn them that they need to know who they are going to deal with.

I have the wig now. The hair is beautiful and the cut is great, but the wefts at the back shed. Two rows of wefts are completely gone at the back. There are only two rows of thread. I had to sew them together. Fortunatelly the wig was too large at the back. But if I touch a weft at the back, there is still hair coming loose. I thought that wefted backs were more durable than hand tied wigs. Dang! Anyone else having this problem with a Featherlite Hair Systems wig?

I have been dealing with a nightmare with Isadore for over a year now. It took her a year to send me a wig, and it wasn't remotely what I ordered. I had already gotten fed up with being ignored for a year while I worried about whether or not she was actually going to send me something that when it came and was so wrong, I asked for a refund. She wouldn't refund it because it was a "custom order." Not hardly. I filed charges with the credit card company, and then she claimed I was trying to keep the wig and my money. I wasn't but didn't want her to end up with both, either, so I held onto it while the credit card company investigated it. I did send it back, though, because she threatened to call the local police (not sure they wouldn't have just laughed at her). I sent it from Mailboxes, Etc., which cost  $100, and addressed it to her from me and labeled it as a $12 costume wig," just like she told me to. When they tried to deliver she said she didn't recognize my name (I put my real name on it, but she claims I didn't ....not sure how that would benefit me to use a fake name), refused the package, and told the Fed Ex delivery person to never contact her again. Now, she is harassing me through emails, calling me stupid, dramatic, spastic, and all sorts of other things. Here is a recent email from her:

"Meg if you can learn to communicate with out freaking out all the time you may do a bit better in life.  Your email shows that you sent it to my icloud account which would be why I never got it.  Maybe don't randomly change the email address you're sending email to if you want to be heard.  It really just makes you come across as explosive and not very smart.  I realize now that you must have sent the wig using a different name as well.  Perhaps, because I know how smart you are, it didn't occur to you that we get packages all the time and that if you don't actually use your real name we would have no idea that a particular package is from you.  Use your brain Meg.  Anger makes people stupid."

They get worse, but I would avoid doing business with this person because there are many more stories just like this one. Apparently on HerAlopecia there is another girl with the same thing going on with her, and she even told the girl that we were both stupid. I think anyone that waits over a year for a wig that is completely wrong and then is treated this way, is valid in being a little upset and spastic over it. I mean, I am losing my hair so my life was already pretty difficult before all of this mess. She absolutely has no compassion for people like us, though.

I recieved another email today from Isadore claiming that she has never read a bad review of her wigs' cap construction so I urge any of you that have had a bad experience with Featherlite due to poor quality or just her overall terribly cruel and unprofessional attitude to write some honest reviews of her. The negative reviews are mounting, and I believe those and and all the PayPal and credit card disputes she is having will make running her online business very difficult. She also told me today rhst I was "ridiculous and exhausting." Ironically, I would describe her the same way. It's very apparent, though, that this is her normal way of doing business.

The nape of the neck of my three month old wig is completely bald. I had to sew in a few wefts myself to make it look normal again. Fortunatelly I had a few tracks left of an old wig and I wear my hair short, so that wasn't much of a problem. But I don't expect that wefts are coming loose and that hair is falling off the wefts after three month's wear. My Featherlite was, although a short one and bought in the 'short sale' too expensive for that. $1666,00  is a lot of money for me to spend.. As soon as I have to wash it and have to take it off, I'll make a piccie of the balding area for everyone to see.

I don't dare to send it back to Isadore, because I am very afraid to never get it returned to me. Then I am out of a wig and money. But I think that if I file a claim with PayPal (they have a 180 days policy now. hehehe) I will win this case. I am soooo extremely pissed!!!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service