Well I feel sick and really panic stricken yesterday I finally shaved my head I thought I was okay with it ready even but no I feel trapped in this despair like I made a big mistake although walking around with tuffs sticking up seemed ridiculous. My sister calls me brave her hero but really I'm a fake and fraud I just want my hair back I can't even look in the mirror at myself to brush my teeth please please some words of wisdom something.....

Views: 378

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Name Brand Wigs: http://namebrandwigs.com/ has a great selection and some of the best prices I've seen (must add to cart to see cheap price). I used to wear Samantha & Brandi from the Amore/Rene of Paris collection. The mono tops are pretty realistic and their caps fit my tiny head more comfortably. It can be A LITTLE fun...for real!
The fact that you shaved your head shows courage. My daughter had to let every hair fall out on its own the first time. She says she will never do that again. The shedding is the most sickening part. You need to allow yourself to grieve and then get up and move on. You can live a normal happy life with this condtion. My daughter wears beautiful long wigs with all lace caps. Strangers stop her to let her know she has beautiful hair. She is not a fake, just making herself look great when she walks out the door. The people that are close to her and matter know about her condition, this allows her to chose who she tells.
By the way, other "fake" things are clothes, bras, glasses, braces, dentures, wheelchairs, prosthetics, hearing aids, pacemakers...shall we live without those?
No.... Yup you're right!
Thank you for that I conquer that part was killing me I had to have a small vac around the places I sat and ate I even had to vacuum my bed every day! My husband told me to hang on that I looked "normal" still with a hat on. So in a weird way I think I took back some control I had no idea of the emotions that occurred that day I was not prepared. I appreciate every comment and am grateful for all the advice and support. Moving forward I'm not sure yet how I want to present myself to the world bad planning on my part. Your daughter sounds strong and in control of herself that's what I need to work on. At least today I got up and went out that's a start eh!
Keep getting up and getting out and this will become your new normal. It is natural to grieve, just don't stay there too long.
Sorry Karen I replied to your post in the wrong spot under tall girl 2 replies down???? New at this:)
Hey Dana!

Did you do any walking today? If not, okay. Maybe later put your pretty scarf on and do some sit ups, lift some weights or just little stretching. If not today maybe tomorrow. :-)
Ahhhh I read your post and yes of course I was sitting on the sofa! Lol you know what pulled on the baseball cap got on my townie and went for a quick ride around visited a horse I like to look at first outing bald took off my cap and showed bandit "the horse" felt good kinda silly but good thank you:) now I gotta go get food I think I'll wear a scarf more coverage......thank you!
Go ahead sista, take control!

That scarf is a bad girl. lol

Hugx10
Hi Dana, I am a newbie to this website and I think it is absolutely fabulous. I have had alopecia for 33 years. Finally I have grown comfortable with my baldness now.........ooofff took so long and it was a journey but for some odd reason now that I have discovered all these friends it feels even better.

I started losing my hair one month after have my first child. at 23 years old. I have had periods where the hair grew back and fell out and now I just shave it off. The big thing i am dealing with is trying to find something to get rid of the shaving part.

I wish I could tell you it will be fine but nothing will make you feel great now. Just try to be happy one minute, one hour, one day at a time.....Life is worth it and it is so beautiful. Hair is important but as one gets older just peace of mind, looking beautiful and enjoying are far more important....so it will be ok..when you are ready!!! And all this time I thought I was alone!!!!!
hugs
Thanks rose I too felt alone and scared....I posted this the day and wow all this support it's awesome thanks for telling me that I feel better knowing it does get better and I can do this heck I can go buy hair I was in a bad place for sure but all the posts have picked me up and moved me forward thanks

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service