Where on earth can I find a MONO human hair wig with the custom color I want that isn't a billion dollars?? I am having no luck finding a site that will do burgundy or deep reds. Everything is orange or ginger, and seems to only be synthetic. Please help!!!

Views: 390

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Try Cooperwigs.com They are based in China and make a range of custom wigs to order. You should be able to get a custom human hair wig with a silk top for around $350, or even less if you are willing to have wefts at the back instead of 100% hand tied.

I buy from orderwigsonline.com. If you send them a color sample or photo of what you want, they will try to replicate it. I've found it is best to order the plain Indian Remy in sikly straight texture. I have thrown temporary rinses on my units when I didn't like the color, and it worked out okay. It may take one or two orders before you get everything the way you want it, but you can get a custom-sized unit with 18 inches of hair for under $200...add a bit more for a silk top.

Can someone explain exactly what is REMY hair? Isn't that processed human hair? And at Sue T.. you can buy a quality human hair piece out of CHINA? I will go check out their website. Just thought hair from China is more dense.. more straight... not so natural a look unless you are asian. Wish I could become a full time wig consultant. But one from everyone and critique each one. Cuz I AM picky. and there are sooooo many recommendations out here. Does anyone want to share a picture or video of you with your wig? We need a big show and tell on wigs. But I want to keep it private as I am private about my alopecia. does anyone share email addresses out here. I am new to this alopecia world site. sorry in advance if I am asking questions already answered. I shall keep reading.... thanks for ALLLL the input.

Remy hair is processed but the cuticle is left intact and all hairs run in the same direction.
Just about all wigs are made in China, no matter who you buy from. When you order you a custom wig you also specify the type of hair that you want. You are quite right, Chinese hair is quite course and poker straight. Indian hair is much finer but develops a body wave when it gets wet that's very difficult to get rid of completely. I order virgin European hair and haven't had any problems with quality.

Thanks Sue for the clarification on Remy hair. I agree with you.. I have never had a problem with VIRGIN European hair. Other than when I went from synthetic to human hair after 25 years (and losing my growth hair at age 3), I had no idea how to use a blow dryer, curling iron, product. I thought human hair was so much work!!! Welcome to growth hair world I guess. But once I had quality human hair, and figured out how to style it.................wow. I was in heaven.

Lori, is your Remy hair wig from China full lace cap, or do you have wefts at the back? was just reading what Sue T wrote about the China based wigs.. cooperwigs.com and wondered if yours is 100% hand tied.. silk top.. wefts in back.. yes? No? now i am a bit confused about the difference between silk top and hand tied. okay... i am off to the websites you both have mentioned to see if I can get educated on all this. thank you guys for all your input. I will be over the moon happy if I find the perfect piece.

Full hand-tied lace cap, no wefts at the back. The silk top is a patch of silk on the parting area. Silk tops hide the knots in your part and are more realistic looking, but also more hot because it blocks ventilation. I prefer the fit and feel of the wig without the silk top. My experience has been that no one ever was close enough to my part to say "hey, I see the knots in your wig." lol

thank you Lori for that detailed answer. it makes sense!! and since I am looking to supplement my FREEDOM piece with a COOL breathable piece, I shall go for hand tied. no silk top. I agree.. if you are that close to my scalp, you must know about my hair situation already.

They just send wigs to you completely unstyled, right? I wonder if they can duplicate a real blonde shade?

Lexi, far as I know, yes. the wigs come completely unstyled. Even the Freedom pieces come that way. It takes me at LEAST two trip to the stylist to get it to look like "me" and as it does not grow... duh... I tell them to cut very conservatively. can always go shorter next appointment. let me play with this awhile.. especially the bangs. I don't know about blonde shades. Did you check out Sue's photo? she is blonde. I wonder what it would be like to not have to shop for your hair. to find good human hair. to just have it grow out of your head. I'd wear it pulled back in a high pony tail for years. This is so frustrating!!!!!

If you order a 14 inch wig, every hair will be 14 inches. I agree with Rose in that It takes 2 trips to the hairdresser to get it right. It seems to take several days from the first cut to get the fringe to hang how you want and for the parting to lay naturally. As for the colour, you need to look on the colour chart to find a blend that suits. Mine is a T colour which means that the root colour is darker than the rest of the hair.I also have highlights with are a shade lighter than the main colour (the actual order was T 8#/12# with 14# highlights) I have also started to order my wigs with a thin skin perimeter as that grip the head quite well with minimal taping (I have become allergic to the adhesive) and they are far more comfortable.

That is what I was thinking...a very conservative cut at first, because if you get a bad hair cut, it isn't gonna grow!! That is what scares me!

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service