How is dating for everyone else with alopecia? I've seen more women married on here then men. Any Thoughts?

Views: 2696

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You lucky you married mate ?! Enjoy and live it bro!
Ez up brother
?
Sorry that was for that guy that commented before u. Sorry
Lol cool bro
Ez up brother
Totally agree with this... I finally got used to people walking up to me and asking what type of cancer I have... It gets annoying at times when your out trying to have fun and have random people looking at you and talking about you but hey that's the hand dealt.. But as for the dating scene almost impossible to do with au..

I've had AA since I was 16 (now in my mid 20's). I've dated a lot of women and have been with my current girlfriend for 7 years now. I tell everyone that it really comes down to confidence and owning the condition. There will be some women who are very superficial who will ignore you or insult you but it isn't too common. I've found that if you can strike up a conversation, keep a conversation going, make them laugh, and exert confidence, they completely look past what you look like. 

Whenever I've been asked about my alopecia, I just explain the condition and let them know that it doesn't bother me, it actually makes my life easier, then it generally doesn't bother others. 

Well said bro..That's why I don't do online dating. I do way better In person. Beside why would u want a women with no character. I've had one make me uncomfortable. One of those real hot women. I didn't really like her I just liked boning her to be honest. One isn't that bad. I'm 38 now. So odds are good:)
Well said... Lol. Guys we are between us here. No need to play games and say bald is beautiful etc. Am no rookie. I had AU for 10 years. Personality? Yeah for sure it is very very important but that's doesn't take anything from look! And yes u can find a woman, but isn't it nice to still have some smile once in a while. Am not talking about cheating and mad flirting but just for self esteem boost. Sammy, u tell it doesn't bother you to have AU? Well well well... In my other thread u r interested to take XELJANZ! Dude, this is a drug that will cost a fortune, could have big sides, but its true... AU doesn't bother u... U willing to take XELJANZ for fun. Sorry to act like this, we all have our crisis when we have AU. And trust me. In front of others am the first one to say ouy loud it doesn't bother me... But with u brother, I hoped we all had that honesty to admit that it really sucks. Not only not having hair, but when its also eyebrows, etc the look is strange. Dating online is COOL. It is 2016, that's the trend.
We are different. It's no different from regular people. Normal people have hang ups. So I think it's natural. As far as treatments I gave up on that. I got off that roller coaster long ago. Maybe 15 yrs now. I just except it. But I also wear hats everyday. That's my reality. And for dating I'm good. Just the usual finding a women I click with. The problem isn't alopecia. It's just ur normal sifting threw the grenades.lol which is a problem my friends and single men have nowadays.I'm not sure if ur pissed about it? Or U really feel ugly? I mean I don't think I look sick. I think I look like I have no hair:) and yes I do get down just like every human being. I think that's normal. We are strong ppl us alopecians. We do have it a bit worse then ur average person. Just because we get on here and vent to eachother is not out of weakness it's being human. Wat U feel is normal. Wat I feel is normal. We still part of the human family 'return to life' u never put on a great outfit and smell good and feel good and other people notice?

Return_Life - Did you not read my comment above? Haha I said that I would tell people it doesn't bother me and they look past it. What I say and what I feel are totally different but it doesn't define me. Obviously I'm interested in treatment, who isn't? I didn't choose AU so if i could, I would rather not have it. That being said, I could possibly still shave my head when I have hair cuz I like that style more, who knows. 

You need to work on not letting AU control your life. It clearly does that you need to get aggressive and bring others down. For me, obviously having no hair bothers me but I don't let it define me. I still go for steroid treatments and such but I don't let it control my life like you do. AU is not a crisis. It's a shitty situation, that's all it is. You're in good health and only you can control how you see yourself in a mirror. Go to the gym, get some muscle and get toned, and once again, everyone will look past it. 

If you want to spend your life reminding yourself that it sucks, go ahead but I definitely will advise you that this is a depressing outlook. You'll never be happy if you keep telling yourself that "it really sucks". 

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service