It's my understanding that there's no "cure" for alopecia, but I'm still interested in learning about the varying degrees of success alopecians have had with the various treatments that are offered. Therefore, if you have alopecia and have had any luck whatsoever with a treatment, please share your story here. Be sure to say whether your regrowth was temporary, permanent, partial, or full, and whether you experienced any pain or other negative side effects as result of the treatment.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm only interested in hearing from people who have actually struggled with alopecia and NOT the companies, organizations, and individuals offering treatments and cures.

Views: 11774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Use a juicer or even a blender and strain it. I've read a lot of success stories with onion juice. Unfortunately, it didn't work for us but we only kept with it for three weeks. Hair up is 100% and has never had any side affects. It's classified as an edible herb, safe for everyone of all ages even pregnant woman. Im so excited, I believe this is the missing element to my angels recovery.

Or garlic juice ;)
It burns a bit but it's okay, I suggest leaving it on over night

Has garlic juice worked fo rou Araceli? Thanks!

i don't know what works for me what not, sometimes they come back and fall again. only on eybrow and for legs they havn't grow back yet, and my head is ok

Hi Jera, I have scaring alopecia, diagnosed last June. Losing hair in patches on both
sides in the temple region, frontal loss as well. Tried foams, shots but nothing
really made a difference. I use Wen hair products because they are gentle to the hair
and scalp. I started using Bragg's naturally filtered, organic applecider vinegar as a
rinse. I massage it in for 5 to ten minutes and rinse. After two weeks I started
growing baby fine hair, the hair in the back of my head and neck grew noticably
thicker. My hairdresser was amazed as well as my husband. My dermo dr. can't explain
it but I'm happy. The vinegar smell disapates within 10 - 15 minutes so your hair does
not smell funny and it leaves my hair shiney as well. Can't hurt you and is worth a
try. Bragg's cost around $2.50 for a quart. For anyone reading this, if you try it
and experience result, please post it on my page...I'd love to hear from you.

In general basis nothing worked for me... with ups and downs, on long term I loose my hair one by one. Now that I don't pay that much attention I notice things are getting better... don't know if it's me or it's true! :) I keep making scalp massage every time I can. I really tried expensive stuffs that made me waist money and time... Cannot say they didn't worked... I always feel they where working more or less... but never to the desire result...

I have suffered with alopecia totalis since I was 15 i'm now 32, ive seen dermatologist consultants, trichologists all which have not been able to help me.
Then at the back end of last year my mum read an article about candida, in which I researched more into.
Candida is a yeast that can cause disease including auto immune disorders, it feeds off sugars in your body.
You can find out more about it by going to www.thecandidadiet.com
Basically by starving the candida of sugars and eliminating yeast in your diet and taking natural probiotics and antifungals you can kill off the candida.
Ive been doing the diet since febuary and for the first time in 17 years my hair is growing back.

Interesting, I cured mine with biotin and iodine, and I believe candida could be one of the consequences of Lupus, which I have. Read my wall for how auto-immune diseases and maybe candida may be affecting the thyroid. Together we may have some discoveries helpful to mankind. Have tried to broadcast on the forums, but am new and my messages have not been approved or posted as far as I know. By the way I know about probiotics and take them, but where do you get anti-fungals?

Click on my avatar (face) and read the comments I have put on my profile. I cured mine with biotin and iodine, but the specifics are on my profile page.

Combination therapy has seemed to work for my son - healthy diet, natural shampoo, biotin, zinc, probiotic.....

Normally shed hairs are hairs that are in the anaphase and rest phases. Since the hairs entering the catagen phase and the hairs that have newly entered the anagen phase are in a dynamic equilibrium, the normal amount of hair can be maintained. Pathological hair loss refers to abnormal or excessive hair loss, which can be due to many reasons. The issue of hair loss is simple. In fact, it is a very complicated issue. If you want to understand this issue, it is not a simple matter to make it clear. Therefore, you must understand it in depth. People nowadays are more and more concerned about their own external image. The problem of hair loss is becoming more and more common. More and more people are experiencing such problems. Therefore, I think it is necessary for everyone to understand this issue in depth.

A bathroom covered with loose strands or an ever-scrawnier ponytail can be startling but doesn’t necessarily mean anything’s wrong. By age 50, half of women will complain of hair loss. As we age, overall hair density changes and individual strands become finer. But just because thinning is natural doesn’t mean you have to accept it. There are solutions to help you keep the hair out of your brush and on your head. Now, this is easy!

1. Massage scalp
Whenever you wash your hair, you are in the middle: massage the head in the shower will improve blood flow to the scalp. This means a better hair growth environment, but it also helps you use any hair shampoo penetration.

2.Wear wigs cover
Wearing a wig can be used to modify the appearance, change human hair weaves style is simple and convenient, save time: you can avoid perm, hair, hair damage caused by hair; you can save your hairstyle in the hair salon, bleaching and dyeing, reduce Expenses; Wigs can be free to change hairstyles, avoid frequent hair salon haircut hair damage; can try a variety of different hairstyle design, matching different fashion, so wearing a wig increasingly people's apes.

3. Reduce the use of hair dryers
This is the simplest fix that you have never considered. Hair dryers and irons, especially if you have already coloured, may cause breakage and thinning, so reduce your use as much as possible.

4. Improve your diet
Hair thrives on protein, iron, zinc, and vitamin B12. Get them from lean meats, leafy greens, nuts, beans, and fish. (Fish will put you on the right track.)  You’re halfway there every time you shampoo: massaging your head in the shower improves blood flow to the scalp.

5. Relieve stress
Just breathing - seriously, it can help. Both sudden and chronic stress can stop hair growth. If you have experienced a challenging experience (divorce, change of work), hair should grow back. If you are under constant pressure, then the Zen Master - it is easier said than done, but your hair will thank you.

Hi All,

I was suffering from Alopecia Areata from 3 years, now regrowth has started and I am getting my hairs back.

I was frustrated, tried every treatment in the past. Had more than 15 patches on all body, 1 big patch on my beard which covers almost half of the beard, 2 patches on chest, more than 10 patches on head. Now all patches are almost filled. Although I can still some hair fall on the floor. 

I have written a blog with my experience with my images. I hope this will help others as well.

http://shareownxp.in/healthcare/ 

I would be happy to help in case of any questions.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service