I feel like I'm the only one ... I've had AU for 9 years. I just can't afford permanent make-up. I draw on my brows every day - I have a good hand and don't generally have an issue with the sketching. I would love beautiful tattooed brows but as I said I can't afford the price tag. Nor have I actually met anyone in real life who does a job I feel is worth the price.

Are there others out there who don't have eyebrow tattoos and don't plan to get them done?

Views: 562

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

JeezLouise - with my luck, that's exactly what WOULD happen! lol. My brows would grow directly above the tattoed ones.

Mark - I hope if you DO want tattoes - you are able to get them at some point and are happy with them. I've seen several men with AU (I have AU and am female) and honestly (I'm biased I guess), I always think the guys look kind of distinguished and cool. People might look at you because you look different (just like people look at me wearing a headscarve) but it doesn't mean a negative thing - it's likely they're just "checking you out". Take care and good luck with your job situation as well!
i use beauti-FULL brows - they are temporary tattoos (think of when you ere little and you would press them on with a wet cloth and wipe them off with oil or alcohol???) they last 2-3 days (sometimes longer) and look great. :)

I agree...these eyebrows are great!

has anyone tried this eyebrow product?

http://www.dermstore.com/lp/2366

It claims to "Instantly Fill in Thinning Brows with Microscopic Hair-Like Fibers"

They show it on people who already have some brow hair, so I was wondering what it would look like on someone without any brows.

I just ordered them and hoping they will work when you have NO eyebrows.  I will let you know. I too use the beauti-full peel off brows. ...and they are pretty natural looking..just no fibers..so hoping I can use this on top of the brows to make them look more natural.

Good luck!  Looking forward to hearing about your results!

HI Gina...got the smartbrows today. I really dont think they are going to work. I was hoping that the microscopic fibers would make the brows looks more realistic...but appartently these are just for thin eyebrows..not totally gone. Darn...disappointing...Thats just my experience maybe others have found them to work.

Oh, that's a shame.  I was hopeful too.  Thanks for letting me know.

I don't have tattoos and don't plan on getting them done!!

First, I don't like the idea of Tatts!!  I don't want the pain!!  LOL yes I am a wuss

Two, don't you have to keep Tatts covered and out of the sun for days or something?  That would be SO weird with eyebrows

Three, what if you don't like the shape the person does?  Ooooops

Four, too expensive as you say

Five, did I mention I'm a wuss?

Six, it does not take that long to just draw them on and if I mess up I can wipe off and start over

Hahaha! Fiona, you made me laugh! :)  Thanks for your reply!

I'm glad.  Humor matters!!

Hi

I don't have any eyebrows and have my them tattooed they're sort of faded now.  I've to go for a touch ups with the permanent make up.  I have alopecia areata and there's not much treatment that can be done for the eyebrows.  So i just use make up for the eyebrows and let my natural hair grow a bit.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service