Does anyone have any dry-fit or something like that bandanna options out there for exercising? I can't stand wearing hats because it is so obvious that I am bald. What do you wear to exercise??

Views: 1085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what's a buff?

Cool - thanks :-)

Hi Tam,
I wear a couple things when I run. My first option is my hairpiece with a baseball cap to keep the sun off my face and the particular baseball cap is made for running as it has a terricloth strip to absorb sweat. My other option is to wear my buff with the same hat. I run far more often with my hairpiece and hat than with anything else as it is the most comfortable.
Are you training for an upcoming race?
Warm Wishes,
Jenn

Hi Jenn!
I am training for the Ottawa Race Weekend... I wear my hats but it is so obvious I hate it. I will try the buff. I think running with a wig for 4 hours is way too long...

WELL DONE!!! My friend ran that last year and said it was beautiful! Have a great run!!

Hi. I'm a runner and have just worn bandanas for years since I run long distances and couldn't imagine doing that in a hairpiece. However, I can't stand being stared at at these races! So it would be great to explore other options. What is a buff? And do you wear your regular hairpiece (I currently am wearing a gripper) to run in or do you have a special piece (maybe less expensive?) that you wear just for running? Thanks for any help!

Buffs are in the shape of a tube...You can wear them many ways....they are made of light cotton. you can wear as a regular bandana or like a cap for total coverage. I also wear one around my face on windy days or to keep the bugs off my face.....I run on the lake. Here in Toronto Canada you can find Buffs at Mountain Equipment Co-op....check on line....I recently found them in a local hospital gift shop real cheap....$3.99. I also wear them after DPCP treatments.

Thank so much for the info!

Hi Eva,
I wear a Freedom Wig to run in and wear a hat on top made for running to catch the sweat and keep the sun off my face. I too run long distances and hated the stares sometimes so went to wearing my Freedom piece for running. LOVE IT as the cap is comfortable.

Hi There,

I either wear a buff or a bandana from Lululemon. Their bandanas soak up the sweat. I wore it all last summer training for a marathon...

Do the lululemon bandanas cover your whole head?

The square bandanas cover the whole head (I have AU)...their 'hair bands' are different thickness....they worked as I was in the 'losing my hair' process.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service