Does anyone have any dry-fit or something like that bandanna options out there for exercising? I can't stand wearing hats because it is so obvious that I am bald. What do you wear to exercise??

Views: 1085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found some "skull caps" in the men's section at the Nike factory outlet store and I love them.  They definitely don't hide the fact that I am bald but they catch/wick the sweat really well.  This weekend I was at the expo for the OC Half and found these headbands that can be worn as skinny or thick as you want.  They don't hide the whole head but come in lots of pretty colors and patterns.  She said they had bandanas/buffs on their website too.  www.onelovecollections.com.

Don't know if this is exactly what you're looking for, but you might be able to customize it if you get one loose enough to get a moisture wicking band underneath or something. I just saw this website after another member posted it. They have caps, scarfs, etc with hair only around the front, sides & back so it looks like a full head of hair. You can choose the color, mix different hair colors or send a sample if you have any hair for them to color match. You can even purchase a smalll sample to view before purchasing for $1 per color with flat shipping of $3. The prices are expensive but they look well made and super cool compared to full wigs. I'm going to save up and get some to garden in, swim in, etc. Oh, and you can also choose the length, curly or straight and have the bangs or all over customized yourself. Hope this helps and Bravo for being in such good shape!

Just noticed I never gave the website address...oops :) Hat's with Hair
http://www.hatswithhair.com/

Oh wow very cool site. Thanks for the tips!!

Glad to help. Good luck!

I just go bald ... I work out an an all women gym. They got so used to me after a week that I am not sure anyone even notices anymore! I also just read everyone's comments - I am not a runner and my workouts are indoors for about an hour so maybe not as much sweat as a runner :) Plus, I don't have to protect my scalp from weather/sun. When I am outside I usually wear a scarf to avoid a sunburn. Sometimes I wear a baseball cap or short brimmed hat. The short brims aren't tight enough for exercising though. I agree that baseball caps are worse - I feel like they scream cancer patient. At least without it you can see my face and tell that aside from the lack of hair I am a healthy person.

I wear a running cap from Lululemon. It's actually in the men's section, and they typically carry it in the fall and winter only. It is essentially a stretchy breathable fabric that covers my entire head, and also absorbs sweat. I wear a baseball cap on top of it. The liner serves several functions ... it holds the baseball cap in place, it covers the areas of my head that the baseball cap doesn't cover, and it absorbs the sweat while I'm working out. Works great! Here is a listing for the cap liner on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NWOT-LULULEMON-BLACK-BRISK-RUN-TOQUE-SKUL...

Hi Andrea,

WOW this is a great cap. I agree, it covers areas that "normal/ typical" hats don't.

I make turban head bands. I but stretchy fabric from a craft store and then put it around my head and make a know then tuck the ends. Look for options on pinterest..or google "turban" head bands.

I am a fan of Nammu hats... (www.nammuhats.com) - they are skullcaps that tie in the back, similar to what football players wear under their helmets. Over that, I wear a baseball cap -- they make lots of very lightweight ones at athleta or at dicks sports.

I am a major gym rat and when I leave the skullcap is soaking wet. I just throw it in the laundry and take it out -- it air dries in 20 minutes (they are made primarily for swimming).

Take a look online and see what you think!

I love these for swimming. Haven't tried them at the gym.

I have made chemo caps out of quilting fabric and wear them. Easy to wash and they seem to last.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service