I have already done permanent eyebrow makeup and am thinking of eyeliner but I am kind of scared about looking like a freak (well - freakier :) Anyone one done it? Suggestions? Anyone ever used a product that is awesome for a person with no eyelashes? Currently I just use drug store strip lashes and they are OK, but even though it says you can wear them for 2 weeks, I can't get them to stay pretty that long. I have to remove them every night to wash my face. Thanks for any feedback!

Views: 2894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had both my eyebrows and eyeliner tattooed at the same time. It took a few tries to get it to take. The eyebrows were no big deal. Like everyone else said, the eyeliner was painful. I don't wear a ton of makeup and just wanted the eyeliner so that I didn't look as freaky when I had no makeup/hair on at home. It was really painful and uncomfortable and I'm not sure if I'd do it again (I have both the upper and lower lids done). I still wear makeup and eyeliner over it when I leave the house so it's not really saving me any time. As for lashes, I think you need to have some lashes in order to have extensions attached to them. Lashes take a while to get used to applying. I wear Chloe by FauxLash and 33 by MAC. I glue them in the morning and they stay all day. I take them off at night. I usually get them to last about 2 weeks if I'm careful about taking off the glue and not ripping off any of the hairs. Hope this helps!

em

thanks - i have been using a drugstore brand and usually get about 4 days out of them but the make up builds up and usually i end up ruing them - maybe nicer ones will help ....

Hi- I just got the permanent eyeliner a year after having my eyebrows done. I am SO happy with the results. I went back to get my eyebrows touched up and jumped in and had her do my eyes. I will not lie--it was more painful than the eyebrows. I love that in the morning I don't look as "freaky"! Also, I don't always have to worry about my eyeliner having rubbed off. I went back 4 weeks later and got some more definition added and am very pleased with the results. I have not found lashes that last more than 2-3 times, and I have had an easier time applying the ones that already have adhesive (and adding more). Good luck with whatever you decide! Tracy

Tracy, I noticed you live in my neck of the woods. Who did your permanents eyemakeup? I had mine (eyebrows) done a few years ago but wasnt to happy with the results so I have been thinking about having them redone. Thanks Petra

Hi Petra--Her name is Pam Neighbors and she has a salon in Everett. If you google her name you can see her website. I am VERY pleased with her work. She will also do a free consultation. Tracy

Thanks Tracy, I will google her right now.

Hi, I have been wearing false lases forever, I used to buy them from the chemist, at $10 a pop, and they would last up to a week, however in the last 2 years I have been buying bulk from china on ebay, get about 40 for $10, and different thinkness and spacing, love them, I always cut my lases to a natural size, and always get complemented on them. My eyebrows are cosmetic tattooed, i have been doing this for over 9 years, every year I go back for a top up of colour, due to fading (Australian sun is a killer for this).... and I love haveing my permanent eyebrows, makes me feel better when Im just wearing the bandania around the house.

I did try to have my eye liner done, this was uncessful lots of pain - swelling and the ink just did not take (seemed to have a slight alergic reaction to it)- my cosmetic tattooest said this is rare but it happens, so I gave up on that idea.

Good idea to try to order on-line. Thanks - do you know what brand you order?

http://myworld.ebay.com.au/glamlabel/

Glamlabel - is the seller I use, I know there is one packet of eyelases I get in the 40 pack that I do not use, as way too unnatural, but my setp daughter loves them. hehe.

I had my eyebrows and lashes done last year after two years of being AU. OMG what a life changer- I did a ton Of research and was totally freaked out but it was the best thing ever. I have a "face" now 24 x 7! Yes, I put on more makeup every day, I wear my eyeliner darker and draw in fake lower lashes but I can swim or cry or wake up and still have SOME color there. I just felt freaky with that blankness. Didn't like it. Also my eyebrows are now shaped better than my bio were. I am now putting a touch of brow powder on top as I have a few baby brow hair growing and it keeps my skin from being shiny ever. I also wear false lashes every day. It's usually no problem now- quite the expert after 3 years- but I buy them online from amazon now- subscribe and save for about 2.15 a pair. I get 2-5 wears out of them. I spray wi alcohol every night to peel off glue and clean them. The eyeliner started stinging half way through after my eyes got sort of fed up. Next time I need them touched up I will have my husband drive me and I will take a Valium. I got a little jumpy which isn't great for tattooing but I couldn't help it. Next time- drugs to calm. But for heavens sake, do it. All AUers- DO IT. Trust me.

I will add that people who know I lost all my hair have thought I grew it back and were jealous of my eyelashes. Which stunned me BC I TOLD these people i have AU and i am now an expert spotter and could tell wigs or fake lashes a mile away but regular people, no, and now I'm giving these hairy girl false lash application lessons ;-). I still miss my bio hair all the time, but it helps to at least be pulled together given the circumstances.

You can also buy false lashes in batches of 12 pairs-from places from Ball Beauty on line-and ends up being fairly inexpensive. If you carefully remove the glue every night , a pair should last at least 2 weeks-I have "good" ones and slightly messed up ones-for around the house on week ends.

And I agree that trimming to look more like real lashes rather than "going out" magnificent lashes makes it much easier to get used to the look and feel. Just need a pair of really tiny sharp scissors.And keep extra glue and a magnifying mirror in your purse -there are going to be days when the glue comes unstuck in the corners.

When you go to the salon do they already have the eyelashes to attach or do you need to bring your own? Is this super expensive? Any suggestions on brows, can't seem to buy any or draw any that don't look ridiculously fake. Honestly if I grew back lashes and brows I would be 100% happier with dealing with AU, the bald part is not as bad as losing definition in your facial features.

RSS

Disclaimer

Any mention of products and services on Alopecia World is for informational purposes only; it does not imply a recommendation or endorsement by Alopecia World. Nor should any statement or representation on this site be construed as professional, medical or expert advice, or as pre-screened or endorsed by Alopecia World. Alopecia World is not responsible or liable for any of the views, opinions or conduct, online or offline, of any user or member of Alopecia World.

© 2024   Created by Alopecia World.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service